cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

No Video in recording just Audio

Hello, although we have the sight setting in the GotoMeeting hub and pushed to record the conference, we had only audio in the converted file and BlackScreen. And no recording in the history of gotomeeting (Hub).

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: No Video in recording just Audio

@tennisgator  Sorry about that! 

It sounds like the GoToMeeting broadcast may have experienced a disruption, defaulting the recording to your local HD.  This may happen in some circumstances, but only when there's a connection problem.  Please test your Cloud Recording capability again, and let us know if this is working currently.  I'm afraid we don't keep any other copies of recordedings ourselves so the video from your meeting may be lost.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, the connection was very good. The Analytics says the same. In the Admin Hub it not possible to differ between local and cloud recordings.  We can only say "Recording" yes or no. gotomeeting_hub.jpg

Highlighted
New Contributor

We have also made a 4 min test meeting after the big one, same problem. Alle attendees had the webcam on screen but in the converted video there is only a black screen and the audio in there.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Are you specifically a member of GoToMeeting Business plan or higher?  These are the only plan types that currently offer Cloud Recording functionality, which is required to record webcams (not available with desktop recording):  https://www.gotomeeting.com/meeting/pricing 

^AC

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I have a similar problem, but I'm not recording to the cloud - I recorded locally, and during the conversion to .mp4 I could see the correct images on the video. When I converted, I get a black screen for the whole recording.

Are there alternatives to the built-in converter?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Lee Taylor1 Have you tried saving a copy of the original GoToMeeting recording files, then uninstalling / re-installing the desktop software, and re-converting the files again?

There may be some third party transcoders that can do this as well, but I can't say I've tested any recently.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

No, I haven't tried anything yet.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@Lee Taylor1Have you tried saving a copy of the original GoToMeeting recording files, then uninstalling / re-installing the desktop software, and re-converting the files again?

There may be some third party transcoders that can do this as well, but I can't say I've tested any recently.

I have not, and now I'm not finding the original files. What is the file extension for the 'raw' recording?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

The recording location may vary depending on your GoToMeeting local preferences.  Here's an online guide for recording conversion:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/convert-a-session-recording-g2m040009