cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: No Video in recording just Audio

@AshC wrote:

The recording location may vary depending on your GoToMeeting local preferences.  Here's an online guide for recording conversion:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/convert-a-session-recording-g2m040009 

The original recording files are *gone* - that is, they are not in the folder to which they were originally saved. Does the conversion process overwrite/delete the source files? That would be beyond unfortunate. 

The .mp4 files that were created by the conversion process have audio, but no video - even though the video progress was clearly shown on-screen during the conversation process.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This is still an issue, and I haven't gotten a response from Tech Support yet. Anyone else have suggestions, ideas, pointers?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Lee Taylor1  Just so we're clear, you are attempting to record your screen sharing, and not the webcam, right?  As mentioned earlier, webcams can only be recorded online using the GoTo Cloud Recording functionality. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@Lee Taylor1  Just so we're clear, you are attempting to record your screen sharing, and not the webcam, right?  As mentioned earlier, webcams can only be recorded online using the GoTo Cloud Recording functionality. 

No, I was attempting to record the entire session, including the webcam. I was not aware that the webcam can only be recorded via the Cloud. I went back and watched your YouTube video https://youtu.be/Lkmn_OKVcTA, and it does not state or suggest that.

Now I'm attempting to make sure that I have access to Cloud recording, so that I can record tomorrow's session. So far, my interface and the demo video don't match, and I'm wading through various portal screens and management screens and function screens and I'm pretty much ready to switch my company's videoconferencing to Zoom.

Learn about the different types of recording with GoToMeeting.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Lee Taylor1  You will need to ensure that your own licence is at the GoToMeeting Business or Enterprise level to utilize cloud recording functions. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

i have the same issue

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@bmartin222  Did this just start happening for you, and are you a GoToMeeting Business or Enterprise customer? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

This also just happened to me today - audio recording with a black screen Smiley Sad

I'm on GoToMeeting Pro and recorded a meeting, in which five of us were sharing our webcams. When I converted the recording (locally) and downloaded the file, it was audio only (black screen, no visuals). 

Because I'm on Pro, did I need to "share my screen" in order to record the projected footage from webcams? Is this new to the latest GoToMeeting update? I'm wondering if the GTM update (which added the "cloud recording" option as the only way to record webcams) disrupted how some of us were used to using the program before that addition....

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@jcurryatOIA Screen sharing will trigger the cloud recording ability to capture webcams, though you do not have to continue with screen sharing thereafter. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

What I learned is that you *have* to record to the cloud in order to capture the webcam view and the shared screen. I was trying to save the recording to my local drive, to reduce the load on my bandwidth capacity, but that doesn't work in my circumstances.