cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon MacMillan
New Contributor

Notification of dropped audio

I use Go To Meeting desktop app at least once a day and have recently been running into the issue more and more often where my audio will drop. I always use my phone to call in to the conference number and my phone says that I am still connected, but in the app I can see that it does not recognize that my audio is still connected. 

I wish that there were some way to notify me that the audio was dropped. I think this would only have to happen for the presenter becaues they are often the ones speaking at length and may continue on for some time before realizing their audio has dropped. My suggestion is that if presenting and it shows you are no longer connected to audio that the screen you are presenting on should highlight the border of the presenting window. This would be a clear identifier that attendees can no longer hear you. Currently I have to keep an eye on the attendee list and continue to check that my audio is showing as connected which is easy to miss.

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Notification of dropped audio

@Jon MacMillan  I am sorry for the audio trouble.

You should not be dropping from a GoToMeeting audio conference unless the organizer dismisses you, or has some connectivity problems of their own.  Since the problem began, have you tested with an alternate phone system?

Jon MacMillan
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response @AshC. I have not tried on a different phone system, but I have had this happen on a different phone within the same system. I do know that if I leave myself muted for an extended period of time our phone system automatically disconnects us, but that is only if muted and that ends the call.

In the instances where I get disconnected while not muted, I am on the phone, I am talking and all of a sudden it shows that I am no longer connected in the app, but my phone shows that I am still on the line. It may very well be something with our phone system, but the notification would be a nice feature until I figure out exactly what the cause of the issue is.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Jon MacMillan  Sorry, Jon -- that phone setup security sounds a little convoluted.   Please let us know if you experience the same behavior from a different telecom network.