cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edugov

OBS and GoToMeeting - Window Capture doesn't work

Hello, I am using OBS to stream GoToMeeting events to YouTube. I can't get the Window Capture in OBS to work for GoTo. Whenever I capture a GoTo window, I get a white or gray screen in OBS. I can capture the webcams window if I separate it from the main GoTo window, but I can't get the main window to show up in OBS.  As a workaround, I use Display Capture in OBS and put my GoTo window on a separate monitor. I would rather not do this and use Window Capture instead. 

Any ideas why Window Capture isn't working for GoTo in OBS? I have poked around the OBS forums and haven't had any luck. 

My setup is an HP laptop with Windows 10 and an HDTV connected via HDMI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: OBS and GoToMeeting - Window Capture doesn't work

Hi there,

While we do not yet support live-streaming GoTo broadcasts, some users have found a workaround with OBS using the following method to provide a directshow output as a virtual webcam:

1. After scheduling the GoToMeeting event, go to YouTube and click the Video camera icon in the top-right corner. 
  2. Then select Go Live (You can also select the YouTube Studio Blue Icon below it). 
  3. Then choose, New Stream (Or copy, if you already have some events included).

Also referenced here: https://www.wikihow.com/Use-OBS-to-Stream-on-Facebook-Live

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HCR1

Estou com o mesmo problema.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

While we do not yet support live-streaming GoTo broadcasts, some users have found a workaround with OBS using the following method to provide a directshow output as a virtual webcam:

1. After scheduling the GoToMeeting event, go to YouTube and click the Video camera icon in the top-right corner. 
  2. Then select Go Live (You can also select the YouTube Studio Blue Icon below it). 
  3. Then choose, New Stream (Or copy, if you already have some events included).

Also referenced here: https://www.wikihow.com/Use-OBS-to-Stream-on-Facebook-Live

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!