cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarolJenkins
New Contributor

Optimizing Screen Display for Online Sessions: Balancing Shared Screen and Participant Panel in Virt

During my online sessions, I want my participants to focus on my shared screen, which usually displays a PDF document, rather than on each other or me. However, I also want to be able to see both the participants and the shared screen on my computer. The problem is that when I have the shared screen open, the panel showing my participants obstructs part of my PDF. I've tried making the PDF smaller on my screen to accommodate the participant panel, but I'm not sure if this also affects the size of the shared screen for my participants. Ideally, I would like my participants to view the shared document in full-screen mode, while I can view it in a smaller window on my computer. Is there a way to achieve this without compromising the quality of the shared screen for my participants? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.🙏

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Optimizing Screen Display for Online Sessions: Balancing Shared Screen and Participant Panel in

Hi @CarolJenkins nice to see you. I hear what you are saying about the view, and find using a second monitor ideal.  Keep in mind, by using the GoTo app your attendees have the option to minimize and maximize what you share through the controls on the right side of the image, so if you make your jpeg smaller, they can zoom in.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training