cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Outlook plugin

Our company had GoToMeeting and we changed the email address tied to the account, so there's a new log in.  I had the plugin installed on my computer (Outlook 2013, Windows 10 Pro) but it stopped working when we switched email addresses.  When I clicked on the "Schedule Meeting" button, it just showed an error and didn't give an option to change the user name.  Couldn't find anywhere in Outlook how to change the log in information either, so I just removed the plugins.  I downloaded the install file again and tried to install and I keep getting this error message:

Name: (blank)

From:  https://builds.gotgocdn.com/builds/calendarintegration/outlook/G2M/GoToMeetingOutlookCalendarPlugin....

*************Exception Test******************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: entryValue

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.RegistryStore.Retrieve(String entryName, Object entryValue, CompareDelegate compareMethod)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.MetadataStore.UpdateLastCheckedTime(String subscriptionIDParameter, String subscriptionIDValue, DateTime newLastCheckedTime)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

I've rebooted and ran the setup as Admin, but keep getting the same message.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Outlook plugin

You may also have to clear out some Windows registry entries pointing to the ClickOnce plugin:

1. Click the Start button
  2. Type regedit into the search
  3. Press enter
  4. Expand folders to navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata
  5. Delete entries beginning with goto
  6. Retry installation with the installer
6 REPLIES 6
New Contributor

Oh, other people in the office were able to get the plugin to work, but they didn't have it installed previously.
New Contributor

i just realized I might of caused the problem but not sure how to fix it.   Instead of removing the plugin by uninstalling it from "Add or Remove Programs" I instead just removed the plugin inside of Outlook at Options/Add Ins.  I went ahead and uninstalled the plugin from "Add or Remove Programs" and rebooted, but still get the exact same error message when I try to install.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,

Be certain your Visual Studios is up to date from Microsoft before attempting to manage the GoToMeeting plugin again.

New Contributor

All Windows updates have been performed prior to me installing the plugin.

LogMeIn Contributor

You may also have to clear out some Windows registry entries pointing to the ClickOnce plugin:

1. Click the Start button
  2. Type regedit into the search
  3. Press enter
  4. Expand folders to navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata
  5. Delete entries beginning with goto
  6. Retry installation with the installer
New Contributor

Thanks, that got it.