cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaa113
New Contributor

PC audio not working in GoToMeeting

The 'Service status' page for GoToMeeting states that PC audio was not working AT ALL on 1st-2nd June 2020 for some/all users (telephone audio only was possible), but that this fault was fixed later on 2nd June and is "being monitored". However, this fault has NOT been fixed (as of 4th June) - but I have found a fix.

If you manually uninstall 'GoToMeeting' and 'GoToOpener' on the affected PC(s) and then navigate to https://global.gotomeeting.com/install to force this software to re-install, the problem gets fixed.

The reason this fix works is that manually reinstalling this software DOWNGRADES the version of GoToMeeting installed, which seems to fix the problem (in my case downgrading from version 10.10.0.17861 to 10.9.1.17359, an older version). The functionality built-in to GoToMeeting that automatically upgrades this software doesn't help here - as a DOWNGRADE is needed, not an UPGRADE. Clearly LogMeIn Inc. has reverse-released the GoToMeeting software, but not thought to tell the existing user base that they might need to manually downgrade it on any PCs that happen to have already received a later version.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this solution online, in case it saved anyone else the heartache of several senior affected colleagues not being able to use GoToMeeting (which has become a critical tool for us during the current coronavirus lockdown!).

Allan W.

IT Professional

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: PC audio not working in GoToMeeting

Hi Allan,

Can you be specific about the operating systems you are working with?  

Exactly what is the audio experience you see and hear?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
aaa113
New Contributor

We're running Windows 10 64-bit on all of our PCs that use GoToMeeting, however it's the version of GoToMeeting that's the issue here - not the version of Windows.

LogMeIn has DEFINITELY reverse-released the version of GoToMeeting without telling us - as a manual uninstall and reinstall caused the GoToMeeting version number to become LOWER (10.9,when it was previously 10.10), which should never be possible with any auto-updating software like GoToMeeting.
aaa113
New Contributor

The problem is that the PC microphone doesn't work in GoToMeeting version 10.10 (but works fine on the same PC when used with other applications like Skype or Microsoft Teams). The microphone works fine with version 10.9 of GoToMeeting too.

The affected users' PC speakers work fine with both of these versions of GoToMeeting - but on version 10.10, users can listen via their PC speakers, but cannot speak via their PC microphones too.

The workaround to actually be able to hear the user speaking is for them to connect to the meeting's audio via telephone, instead of using their PC microphone.

Downgrading GoToMeeting to version 10.9 fixes the issue entirely - and it is very clear that LogMeIn has changed the version being delivered via the https://global.gotomeeting.com/install URL to this older version (i.e. they have reverse-released an older version of GoToMeeting than was installed on any fully updated PC up to then, which were running a newer version - version 10.10)