cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Plugin installation fails on Outlook 2016 'out of range exception'

Hi,
I had to re-install outlook from my 2016 testversion (had the plugin in there) to the full version. Whilst my other plugins are still there, GTM isn't.
I've tried to re-install the plugin inlcuding Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime but it won't complete the installation:
I get this error message:

Any tipps?
I have the desktop version of outlook.

Best regards,
Susanne
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Plugin installation fails on Outlook 2016 'out of range exception'

Hi Susanne,
Sorry about that error message.

We've often found this error can be related to the ClickOnce plugin, sometimes just a corrupt folder.  Try this fix:
  1. Close all Outlook windows
  2. Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window (bottom left)
  3. Type in %localappdata%\apps
  4. Click OK
  5. Delete folder named 2.0
    • Note: If an access denied or other permission error is seen, reboot the computer and try to delete again.
  6. Retry installation with the installer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Susanne,
Sorry about that error message.

We've often found this error can be related to the ClickOnce plugin, sometimes just a corrupt folder.  Try this fix:
  1. Close all Outlook windows
  2. Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window (bottom left)
  3. Type in %localappdata%\apps
  4. Click OK
  5. Delete folder named 2.0
    • Note: If an access denied or other permission error is seen, reboot the computer and try to delete again.
  6. Retry installation with the installer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Awesome! Thank you so much. Had to reboot but now the plug-in is installed again :-)
Many thanks!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Gotomeeting outlook plugin install error

Hello All, 

I have an error

from:https://builds.getgocdn.com/builds/calendarintegration/outlook/G@M/GoToMeetingOulookCalendarPlugin.v...

Where the... Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: entryValue

I have uninstalled all parts of gotomeeting including gotopener. 

I have all of the windows up to date with the 1803 version. 

I saw that this is likely a registry key issue. If i could get someone to message/ email me this or any other possible solutions that you may be aware of.

Thanks!

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting outlook plugin install error

@DIGIACOM I would first try the solution marked in this thread.

If that fix doesn't work, there could be some "gotomeeting" registry entries that can complicate this issue, under the folder 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata', however I would suggest that you contact Customer Support directly for help managing this solution if you do not have any experience yourself.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi I am also having this issue. Do you know if there is any removal tool for Gotomeeting?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @mike_coreit_2 You can remove the Outlook plugin as you would any other application, once you have Outlook full closed down on the computer. 

In the worst case scenario, you can use a third party app to remove GoToMeeting manually:  https://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html