cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Recurring Meetings: View Dates/Times

You'll definitely need to co-ordinate since GoToMeeting accounts are not designed to be shared, and as you are mainly using recurring meetings we can't warn you about overlapping meetings the way we do with scheduled meetings on the website. 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

It seems that there are 2 issues with Recurring Meetings in GoToMeeting.

1. You can not see when the meeting is scheduled to Recur.  Yes, you can use your Outlook Calendar to set a meeting schedule, but there are instances where people you invite do not have Outlook, and rely on the Web Interface to inform them of the Meeting Date/Time.  Recurring Meetings (as currently designed/deployed) do not provide adequate enough information in the Web interface.    WebEx does support this basic functionality (Please note:  I am in no way, shape, or form a WebEX fan, but they do have a slick web based scheduling interface).
  2. The Recurring meeting ties up (reserves) a GoToMeeting Session Licence indefinitely.   Hopefully we only get billed when the license is in use...?   We only want to reserve the license during the actual Date/Time the meeting is scheduled for.  Not every minute of every day...   Where is this a problem?  Let's say that you want to review how many meetings are actually scheduled for a specific date/time to guarantee that you aren't going to exceed your 25 meeting (at one time) licensing structure.  You can't, due to all the full-time reserved recurring meetings.   Not Cool. 

Now maybe I am missing something, but those are the problems that I see currently.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Shane,
  1. Recurring meetings have no date and time associated with them, the point is they can be used at anytime and the meeting ID and phone information will be the same.
  2. You can host as many meetings as you want, the limit is 25 attendees not 25 meetings. 
  3. You are only limited to hosting one meeting at a time per Organizer account.

Learn about meeting types
GoToMeeting provides a few different types of sessions, which allows you to pick whichever one best suits your needs.

• One-time meetings 
    These meetings have a set date and time, as well as a unique meeting ID and audio information. While you can launch the same meeting multiple times (which is particularly useful for practicing your meetings), the meeting ID will expire 30 days after the scheduled end time. To create this type of session, you can select "Occurs once" while scheduling your meeting.

• Recurring meetings 
    These meetings also have a unique meeting ID and audio information, but they do not have a set date or time. This means that they never expire and can be used over and over! These "anytime" meetings are great for recurring sessions, such as weekly sync ups or team meetings. To create this type of session, you can select "Occurs multiple times" while scheduling your meeting.

• Instant meetings 
    You can use our "meet now" sessions to start a meeting on the fly. These sessions are not scheduled ahead of time – they are just launched instantly with the click of a button! If you need to set up a quick meeting, you can start a "meet now" session and simply send others the Join URL once it has launched. Unlike scheduled one-time meetings (which can actually be launched multiple times), "meet now" sessions can only be run once and then the meeting ID expires. Learn more.

• Personalized meeting page 
    You can create your own personalized meeting page featuring your name, photo, location and more! Personal meeting rooms are powered by a recurring meeting, but rather than sending your attendees a Join URL, you can share your personal meeting URL (e.g., "www.gotomeet.me/DemoPage")Learn more.

• Meeting spaces (beta) 
    With the Meeting Spaces beta, each time you create a new meeting – whether it is scheduled or recurring – a unique landing page known as a "meeting space" is created for that session. You can then use that page to prepare for the session by configuring settings, uploading files, posting an agenda, and more! You can even invite your attendees to view the meeting space before, during and after the session. Learn more.
 http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/all_files/G2M020001

New Contributor

Hi Glen,

Having the same Meetng ID for all the Recurring meetings is a great thing.

Yes, there is one meeting allowed per named organizer.  

We have the 75/25 package (75 named users, 25 active meetings (1 per user) at one time).  Anything over 25 meetings at the same time, and we can get billed for the over-use.  This is a fair model.

The concern (as we roll out GoToMeeting across our organization) is that as users schedule meetings (with set dates/times), it is easy to monitor how many licenses (Meetings) will be used each hour.  What we can not see clearly are the users who book the recurring meetings.  What Date/Time will those meetings affect?  We have to reserve the license that is tied up by the Recurring Meeting, or run the risk of having more than our allotted 25 meetings at one time, and have to pay extra.

GoToMeeting doesn't enable us to see exactly when the Recurring Meetings are planned to be used.  I haven't found any Alerts that we can set to notify us when more than the allocated 25 meetings are scheduled (or started).  Hopefully you see the dilemma.

I don't think we are in danger yet, as our usage is fairly low, but as we expand the use of GoToMeeting across our Company, there is a risk.

Thanks for the useful info, and quick response.

Regards,
Shane Vincent
IS Technical Project Manager
EPIC Management LP
New Contributor

Why is it an issue to display the Day and Time of the recurrence?  As it works now I have to scan my calendar for GTM events rather than a quick scan of the GTM applet.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Chris, GoToMeeting does not create any dates or times for the meeting when you select recurring, that is up to you and your Outlook, Google Calendar etc.

New Contributor

The Citrix logic is inconsistent then...in the GTM applet the Date and Time are captured (from Outlook/Google Calendar) and displayed for a single meeting, but not recurring ones.  I believe this is a miss in functionality and vexing as a user.  Too easy to check for a potential conflict for the user rather than require us to use a third party solution (public calendar).  Use of a public calendar is a work-around.  Is this a feature request on the Citrix roadmap?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Chris, there are no plans to alter this functionality, these meetings are designed to be used at any time. Organizer accounts are not designed to be shared, if you are sharing an account with others, scheduling through the website is the best way to avoid conflicts.

New Contributor

Not being able to see the scheduled dates and times for our reoccurring GoTo Meetings is causing me to look at other options now. I personally like GoTo Meeting more than any other software but this ONE issue is such a deal breaker for my company that my supervisor has asked me to send our company elsewhere. If only you guys could give in to this request (that so many people have asked for) instead of saying it just can't be done, or you won't do it...This is very frustrating! 
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Heather,

When you schedule a GoToMeeting and select Occurs Multiple Times what you are creating is really an Anytime Meeting, it has not set start date or time associated with it and can be used anytime you want. Scheduling when you use these meetings is taken care of in your calendar like Outlook or Google Calendar which you use to send the meeting invitation to your attendees.