cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Recurring Meetings: View Dates/Times

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I set the time for a recurring meeting? When I switch from once to multip....

How do I set the time for a recurring meeting? When I switch from once to multiple occurences, it removes the time slot I have selected. Please assist ASAP.
New Contributor

I understand the functionality of recurring meetings not showing the time/date a meeting is scheduled. The main problem I see with this functionality is that when we're dealing with a shared account, other users are allowed to schedule a meeting at the same date/time as a recurring meeting. I have had this happen to me numerous times, the only workaround I see at this time is to log in to view 'My Meetings' before booking something through Outlook - which defeats the purpose of using Outlook to book your meeting.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @SBurger

GoToMeeting organizer accounts are not designed to be shared. If you have multiple people hosting meetings from the same organizer account, they should all use scheduled meetings only so that they are warned about overlapping meetings. The only way to use the recurring meetings feature in this situation is to have a shared caledar that everyone refereneces.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

It seems to me that the recurring meeting functionality is very poor in GoToMeeting. For example if I have a six week project and want to schedule in a recurrence of 6 meetings at 10:00 am on a Monday morning, at present it does not put any day or time against to GoTo meeting, so another meeting could be entered which clashes very easily. The Outlook add-in would be better to create 6 individual gotomeeting appointments with the same meeting ID in the calendar. We also get issues where the Outlook add-in 'fails' and we end up with two appointments in the GoTo calendar and the 'wrong' ID sent out to participants. Is there any plan to address these issues?

LogMeIn Contributor

@DexterGhelfi  The current Outlook plugin is only being maintained for now.  We are releasing an updated Outlook365 GoToMeeting plugin very soon which should address some of your concerns.  The behavior of the Recurring GoToMeeting function does not yet have the ability to create multiple Outlook Appointments, which must be set manually by the Email user.

New Contributor

This is ridiculous and has caused problems for us.

We do NOT have a Microsoft Exchange server for emails and thus cannot share a sinle Outlook calendar. GTM does not address the Recurring meeting option in any kind of logical, sensible, rational, business-minded way. We have several recurring meetings with our internal team and with clients. These happen at specific days and times, bi-weekly and weekly. Then we occasionally have other needs for GTM that pop up and may create a conflict. Without GTM being able to alert team members to a conflict, this has become mopre of an issue as we get busier. Without some resolution on the part of GTM, we are going to have to look at a different provider.

New Contributor

Hi @AshC , @GlennD ,

Can you elaborate why the 'Orginizer Account' is not suppose to be shared? I think that's the main issue here for most small businesses. I work at a small organization that has one orginizer account, which is used maybe 5 - 10 times a month, by few external project managers and contractors that cannot use a shared calendar. As stated by many people before me, whenever a project manager creates an Anytime Meeting to be used multiple times, they risk a schedule conflict with another meeting created by a different project manager who cannot verify when the Anytime Meeting is scheduled to. Are you really expecting the organization to get a separate account for each project manager, even though it will be used only few times a month? It really feels like LogMeIn trying to get more money by intentionally limiting this feature. This is a basic scheduling feature and your previous responses that it's the way it is 'by design' is basically implying 'for profit', and your suggestion to use 3rd party scheduling tools is unprofessional, since you're already providing that same scheduling capability for a single meeting.

WebEx does allow the scheduling of recurring meetings, so, should we switch?

Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @avlevy2k1 ,

We did not design GoToMeeting Organizer accounts for the purpose of sharing with different people, though there is a scheduler built into the service that will show you conflicts if you're not using the 'recurring' meeting type (no date or expiration).  In your case, you could create a shared Outlook calendar for the purpose of reserving the 'meeting room', whether that's virtual or physical at your work place.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with WebEx's pricing, but I would highly doubt they'd let customers host multiple sessions simultaneously with a single license.

New Contributor

Hi @AshC 

As I mentioned earlier, a shared Outlook Calendar is not a solution, as it requires a 3rd party software that unnecessarily complicates the workflow of project managers by requiring additional software and training. In addition, not everyone are capable of connecting to a shared Outlook calendar on their devices due to different limitations such as security policies and restricted access to the internet. 

[Edited due to pricing or advertising content]

Thank you!