cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Resize Individual Webcam Feeds

Glenn: You believe this is on your roadmap?

Well, take your time. No hurry. I'm sure that people who move their company's videoconferencing platform to Skype or WebEx solely due to GTM's lack of this one feature will come running back as soon as Citrix gets around to implementing it.

I mean, seriously, WTF.
Highlighted
New Contributor

In the light of morning (and after a couple cups of coffee), I apologize for the sarcastic tone above. That's not very productive dialog.

I will stand by the general point, though. When you have people saying, "this one feature is important enough for me to move to a competing product because GTM lacks it," I'd be inclined to put that somewhere reasonably high on the dev list.

GTM's a great conferencing platform except for this one thing. I literally have no other complaint. That one item is significant, though, at least to me.

As mentioned above, this works great on the iPad, so someone over there has figured out how to do it, at least in Objective-C (I don't know what the Mac/Win clients are written in).
Highlighted
New Contributor

Any updates on this issue/suggestion? Subscription is coming up for renewal in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide if I should look for another product that has this feature or if this feature is coming soon?

Thanks.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, sorry no I do not have any news on this request currently.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, anyway. I was wondering about that myself.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just to add some color: our remote users like the webcam because they can get a view of the presenter and other attendees in our conference room. They like to increase the size of the webcam window so that they can better see who is speaking. However, recently, other remote attendees have begun joining by webcam. That means that the space dedicated to our conference room is halved, making it hard to see details in the conference room. We'd like to be able to leave some webcam windows small and increase the size of others. Thanks for adding this functionality to the backlog.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I wanted to make sure this thread is kept alive. We're just starting a corporate evaluation of GTM, and I completely agree with the opinions expressed above - the lack of individual webcam feed size adjustment is a significant disadvantage. Great product overall, but this could be a deal breaker.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hm. Just occurred to me you could do it by starting a meeting on an iPad (if that's possible) and mirroring it to a large screen. Doesn't help anyone on the other end, though (unless they're also using iPads). And you'd have to use the iPad's built-in camera/microphone/speaker.

That'd still be an improvement, IMHO.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Our company jumped over to a competitor. If GoToMeeting brings this feature into existence we'll switch back. Simple as that. In our conference room setting, that feature is too important and the competitor offers it already. However, I prefer the GoToMeeting design overall.

Keep me posted Citrix!
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, once this is planned I'll update the status of this idea. Thanks.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!