cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Resize Individual Webcam Feeds

Hi,

So I have been informed that a number of webcam improvements have been identified, but there is no timeline on when they will be introduced currently. Right now our developers focus is on improving audio quality and the join experience. I will keep you updated as things develop and I have more concrete info to share.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

This is too bad.

As was mentioned above, there really are no complaints about GTM but this one.

"Right now our developers focus is on improving audio quality and the join experience.'

I have never had anyone complain about the join experience. However we had a new executive start with our company. Their previous company used webex. She said GTM seems so much easier to connect. She was essentially converted to a GTM user.

The audio quality is good. There is no reason to continue to make it a priority when you have UI flaws.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have to agree with the above post Glenn. I certainly haven't seen any issues with joining or audio quality. I have had two other organization reps tell me they didn't go with GTM because of the sizing issue, due to the problems of using it in a conference room type setting, which is exactly our issue. They went with WebEx as a result.

I would certainly put some priority on this issue!!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am in the process of setting up our conference room for a share holder's meeting and Unfortunately we are stuck with this issue.
Highlighted
New Contributor

a number of webcam improvements have been identified

How about the one identified in this thread over a year ago?

Neither my staff nor our partner companies have had any issue with audio quality or the join experience.

I got a call yesterday from a Citrix rep wanting to walk me through a demo of ShareFile. I declined (politely, I hope), purely on the basis of it being a Citrix product. I'm interested in file sharing/management solutions, but I'm frustrated with Citrix's development priorities regarding GTM, and I'm in no hurry to get into a similar situation with another product.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Individually resize webcam views?.

When only webcams are shared, is it possible to re size the webcam views individually?

I usually use GTM to talk to only one other person at a time. I would love to be able to focus on the other person, not look at myself. Even if I go to fullscreen mode, half of the screen is MY webcam... A large view from their camera and a thumbnail from mine would be great. Is this currently possible?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Vernon, that is the whole issue all of us involved with the thread are frustrated with GTM not offering. No, you can't currently re-size individual feeds, only all as a group. So thank you for weighing in as another client with the same desire. Citrix seems to be avoiding this feature development for some reason, yet doing other things in the development of the service. Not sure why, but I'm hopeful at some point soon they will make that functionality a reality.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Hopefully they'll get this feature implemented in the future.

But, until that day, as the individual cam view issue is pretty much a deal breaker for our organization, we're going to have to look elsewhere for our video conferencing needs.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Add feature to minimize participants' videos.

Go to meeting is a great product.

I like to see a feature added that allows the participants (including the organizer) to minimize any participant's video they do not wish to view, including their own. Note: not to stop sending the video, but simply the ability to minimize/maximize any participants video.

For instance, once I know my video is working, I don't need to see myself all the time.

For instance, if one participant is primarily speaking, I'd like to be able to minimize the other participant's videos.
Highlighted
New Contributor

That's something we'd all like. I think it's safe to say it's not a priority for Citrix, so evaluate accordingly if it's a priority for you.