cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Resize Individual Webcam Feeds

I have tried another one called FuzeBox, it is cheaper than gotomeeting, and has much more overall functionality, but the drawback is the video quality is more laggy and not very good HD support.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Another feature to consider is having a setting whereby you could select to have the video of the person who is speaking dynamically zoom in so it's larger than the rest, then return to normal size when the person stops speaking.
Highlighted
New Contributor

That'd be pretty awesome. I'd be happy with just the manual resizing, though.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just came across this thread and need to add my frustration about this resizing defect in this otherwise excellent product. Our small company has about 20 GTM licenses that I will need to cancel once I settle on one of the many other products that offers resizing. This is the single biggest complaint of the outside parties we work with via webcam.

It just doesn't seem like a difficult enhancement. Is there an update from Citrix that might give me some hope?

Glenn? Carey?
Highlighted
New Contributor

That this feature was requested better than a year ago does not give much confidence that anything will be forthcoming soon.
Highlighted
New Contributor

For some reason Citrix seems to be avoiding this feature. I submitted my request for it over a year ago and many customers on this thread alone have shared their desire for the feature. Many of us have even chosen competing products because of the lack of this feature. I do not understand why there is not an honest reply as to why this feature is not being implemented. I'm left to either assume that Citrix doesn't really care about their customers, just their $$. Or that there is some strategic reason why this feature isn't included. Given it's a feature that seems simple to integrate, and is something most of their competitors already have, I don't get it.

I'm currently in a month to month plan, and just upgraded our video hardware. I'm preparing to shift back to WebEx after giving GoToMeeting a try again these past few months. This issue just makes the use of the service in many settings (including a conference room) too distracting, AND as has been stated, when multiple feeds are open, each gets smaller and smaller. I'd much prefer to make the feed of the speaking party the largest.

I don't get it! But that's the beauty of living in a competitive marketplace, other choices!
Highlighted
New Contributor

The thing that gets me is that they do have this feature in the iPad app, so it's not like it's impossible.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

This feature request has been discussed with our Product Team and has been added to our list. We receive frequent enhancement requests that are evaluated and prioritized along with our regular product development work. Currently other development work has a higher priority, when this changes I will update this Topics status.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Glen, I appreciate the response, again, although that is nothing new. I am curious, are there other threads here on the forum that point to the "priorities" you mention? I am having a hard time understanding as a customer, and end user, what those could be, and don't see other ideas being suggested here that are deal breakers for some of your potential customers? Several comments above indicate companies choosing other products simply because of that one issue. What else then is more important? Maybe they're hidden features, but that's why I am asking...where are the features that seem to be given the priority, now for over a year?

Bottom line is it's Citrix's product to produce and sell as seen fit by the company. I have a choice as a customer to use it and pay for it, or not. I've chosen to this point to deal with this missing feature because of the other qualities of GoToMeeting. But honestly your competitors offer this function across all platforms and now seem to be a better for our needs knowing that no priority is being given to this issue. So while I appreciate your comment, reading the same thing now after 12 months of asking about this issue doesn't really offer me any hope.

In my opinion, the needs of your customer base need to be addressed better and I'm sure you have lost and missed many opportunities to gain additional customers which as a business owner, I just don't understand.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

If you take a look at the list of Ideas posted here in the community alone, there are a number that are critical for the customers that have suggested them: https://community.gotomeeting.com/got...

As I've mentioned previously our top priorities currently are improving the audio quality, making it easier and faster for attendees to join. GoToMeeting is 8+ years old at this point, we are also working to move fully over to our new platform. The benefit of this being it will make future development work easier and allow us to introduce new features and enhancements faster.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!