cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Screenshots should not include GoToMeeting controls

It's annoying that using the screenshot feature in GoToMeeting causes the GoToMeeting controls to be saved in the screenshot. I can't imagine any use case where someone would want to see the controls. If they did, they could capture the GoToMeeting window using the native OS screen capture tools, or similar. I think in nearly all cases people want to capture the screen inside the meeting without the distracting controls. 

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Screenshots should not include GoToMeeting controls

Hi Jeff, are you using the local windows Print Screen tool, or a function built into the GoToMeeting interface?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Obviously, the screenshot tool in GoToMeeting.

@AshC wrote:

Hi Jeff, are you using the local windows Print Screen tool, or a function built into the GoToMeeting interface?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMeetingTakeAScreenshot.png

The inline image shows the new GoToMeeting "Take a screenshot" control I am referring to. This image is actually a portion of the screenshot that GoToMeeting saves in the user's Desktop folder. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry, Jeff.  I had to be sure we were on the same page before troubleshooting further.

Are you able to reproduce this now?  If so, are there any video driver updates available directly from your PC's manufacture website? 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I'm on a Mac and am having the same problem. Before the new UI update, using the GTM screenshot feature did not include the controls in the screenshot. I agree that I can't think of a reason why I would ever want to see the controls - in fact, that defeats the whole purpose and advantage of the GTM feature. If I wanted to see controls, I would just take a regular system screenshot. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @ltufts & @JeffReed ,

I am concerned if this functionality is not working properly. Can you say what GoToMeeting version and operating system is in use there?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am on macOS Mojave, version 10.14.6.

GTM Version 10.7.0 Build 16576.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks, we have a ticket up to improve this functionality, though I do not have any ETA around the developments yet.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, has this issue been resolved yet?  Also, is there any way to hide the controls when viewing/controlling someone else's screen?