cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Set meeting password when creating a meeting

Hello,

This is my first question on the forum.  I am planning to use Go To Meeting with an application API.

So far, as my understanding, I cannot create a meeting password when I create a meeting.  I can only set that the password is required, and the password needs to be created by the organizer when they start the meeting.

Also, I only see the same option with the API.  I would like to generate a random password and have it included when I create the meeting.  Is this possible in any way either by the web-interface or API? I would then like my application include the password in the meeting information for all the users.  Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Set meeting password when creating a meeting

Hi @rippledj ,

Welcome to the LMI Community!

A GoToMeeting reference doc for API calls can be found here: https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/content/gotomeeting-api-reference

While you can create a GoToMeeting password when you schedule a meeting locally (not when you start the meeting), there's no way to do this through our APIs.  The password must also be created by the event organizer, as GoToMeeting does not have the ability to create these for users itself.