cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Speaker

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a system where it connects to people outside the network. I have a wirless mic system that is set up so that people can go into the gotomeeting application and listen in. The problem is that we have speakers that we need to set up but will interfere with the people listening in. They will hear echos and screeches because they would be two seperate mics picking up the same sounds. Is there anyway to bypass it or connect it so that it is one system? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Speaker

@christianparbev  I don't know that speakers can demonstrate the cancellation you want, but microphones can be designed to only pickup sound from a 6 inch radius. 

Checkout this public review of similar devices:  https://expertworldtravel.com/best-noise-cancelling-microphones/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

@christianparbev  Maybe you can help me understand your situation a little more in order for an accurate resolution.  With these 'wireless mics', are the 'speakers' in the same room?  Are they at a PC terminal? 

Do these microphones not have a muting control of their own?

Have you considered using GoToMeeting's integrated Telephone system instead, and allowing these speakers to simply dial in on their mobile phone?

New Contributor

@AshCYes they would be the speakers in the same room. They are overhead speakers that we had installed recently. The microphone is set up on the person speaking but we only have the one set up so that when people connect they can hear through that microphone. The problem with that is that sometimes people in the back of the room have a hard time hearing. That why I wanted to try to figure out a way to try to connect both. No I haven't but would they be able to see the presentation if I were to integrate something like that? All the videos and slide shows?

LogMeIn Contributor

@christianparbev  Both Microphones and Telephones can cause an echo if the speakers are too loud or close to the mics.  You are free to use either at no additional cost, I was just wondering if you had tried an alternate audio connection method.  Dialing in by telephone, the *6 command can be used to mute an individual line by the caller.

In your case, it sounds like the microphones at the front of the room may be picking up too much background noise from the speakers in the back, which can be avoided with some devices that have noise cancellation or localization effects.  This is one reason why I use the microphone on my surround headset rather than my webcam's built-in microphone-- which picks up a lot of background noise.

New Contributor

@AshCOk thanks for the suggestion. Well we have a different microphone that is connected via usb which connects to application it just picks up to much of the background noise I think. Is there anyway you think I could connect the speaker with microphone so it in sync with each other? I am not actually using the speakers at the meeting at the moment because of all the static and background noise that would be communicated to the other microphone.

LogMeIn Contributor

@christianparbev  I don't know that speakers can demonstrate the cancellation you want, but microphones can be designed to only pickup sound from a 6 inch radius. 

Checkout this public review of similar devices:  https://expertworldtravel.com/best-noise-cancelling-microphones/

View solution in original post

New Contributor

@AshCThanks for your help I will look into this.