cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Playing video embedded PowerPoint for GoToMeeting - Audio Help, Please

Dear VG,

I forget to share with you on how to improve the quality of the sound thru Sound Control's setting for both the speakers and Microphone individually.

1.  Run Windows control Panel.

2.  Select sound and click at it.

3.  Select Playback and click at the device and then select properties and under advance you can select the best quality sound prefered.  Same goes for Recording Devices, same approach.

4.  while at Playback, click at Communications tab and select mute all other sounds.  this will ensure no other systems or background noise create by your notebook other apps to interrupt your virtual meeting.

Thanks and Good Luck

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear VG,

Sorry for the break in information  cause I just discover as I was trying out some virtual meeting.

1.  Your presenter PC must be connected to high speed Internet and not thru 3G or 4G, speed would have impact on the voice and Video quality.

2.  Your setting for recording devices for both Stereo Mix and Microphone under properties and under tab advance you need to check both allow exclusive control otherwise audio will not be smooth.

3.  If your participant is not connected to a good network, chances the audio and video quality will suffer.

4.  Try to set the volume of your speakerto less than 30% to avoid feedback sound.

Good Luck!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey guys,

thanks for the answers. My connection is a 100Mbit DSL-Line from Deutsche Telekom. It should be fast enough.

My problems are not videos containing speach. The problem is for example videos with piano music. It sounds like there are some audio compressing and volume gate algorithms destroying the music. It doesnt sound well even if I feed in the music by my Yamaha mixer. I tried onboard sound cards, professional ESI sound hardware and the StereoMix on different machines; same problems.

If the offical GoTo-Support will not solve the problem, I'll do it with Skype or Cisco. There are options to disable sound processing. Both worked immediately.

Thanks! VG

Please excuse my poor English

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear VG,

I just got a replacement Dell notebook with Window 10 instead of the previous Dell with Win7.

Everything works perfectly and the quality of the sound is very good.

You might want to borrow someone pc with Win10 and I discover that the voice quality also improved a lot when I use a USB convert to 3.5mm Mike and Speaker input.

My goosenose mike with 3.5 mm can pick up voice even from 3 feet away without having to struggle to speak louder.

Good Luck! 

My problem solved.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear VG,

Sorry wrong information, I mistook the ear piece from my pc as the mobile headset.

Same no change only Audio quality improved with Win10

You still have to use Stereo MIx in order to play the embedded video audio for PPT.

Thanks and my apology

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Sharing a Video Clip with Audio in GoToMeeting

Do you know if they have updated Go To Meeting to share video clip with audio?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I would like to know as well; we are having some difficulty.  Thanks.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

We are planning some video enhancements for later this year, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the details yet. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

can you show a video to your meeting members

if so How

Highlighted
New Contributor

Audio problem

When I start a video (both from you tube and locally) from the organizer's computer, the audio does not feel good on the participants' computers. How can this problem be given? Thanks