cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: I would like to share a video during the meeting ... sound is missing

such is not supported in G2M; Audio comes from your headset or Microphone
We bypass that using a direct link to the video and send it to attendees in Chat window
let them watch, and then we continue the meeting

I have been told G2M soon will support it, as G2W (pro and above) already does,
means, share Videos that have been uploaded to the Vendor server, and run it from there

That works and I believe 5 Videos are maximum

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Tho-Mas,

thank yiur very much for yout explication.

So I'm waiting for a future update with this new function.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, we plan to update the GoToMeeting software in the future with streaming video functionality.  I don't have any ETA yet, but we'll update the Community accordingly. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Share Audio

Hi, I'm Matteo

GoToMeeting is exceptional!! i love it, but there is only one problem...

In a meeting i have to share my desktop and show a video, i'm trying but nobody except me (i'm the Relator) 

can see any sound.

Furthermore i have to speak to present the video and when the video ends.

There is an alternative of Stereo Mix?? 

I use Windows 10

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Share Audio

Hi Matteo,

Stereo Mix in Windows is the easiest way to do this. If your computer does not support Stereo Mix using a splitter cable is the next option (see the link in the accepted solution for more details).

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Voice over PPT issues

Hello everyone.  I"m attempting to share a voice over PPT presentation on a webinar, but having issues while testing.

Is this possible? What re the settings I should use to help make this happen?

Thanks for your help!

Rob

Highlighted
New Contributor

Playing video embedded PowerPoint for GoToMeeting - Audio Help, Please

HI! I know that GoToMeeting doesn't support playing embedded videos in PowerPoint where the participants can hear the audio, but there has to be a trick. Some way around this. If you know a way, could you please be specific? I've had folks throw out tips (which I appreciate), but not the deets to make it really work. Thanks!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Playing video embedded PowerPoint for GoToMeeting - Audio Help, Please

Hello,

I just subscribe and I thought this was a norm to be able to play video on a powerpoint thru gotomeeting screen sharing.  

I found a way around but a bit cumbersome.

Just add Stereo Mix as one of the recording device and in gotomeeting before you play your video you will need to switch the microphone choice to Stereo mix and when you are done switch it back to speaker.

Another way is to leave the setting of microphone as Stereo mix on your PC and use a mobile to join and use the mobile mike for the presenter. 

I know that Blitz Teamviewer do not have this issue, not sure why it is a issue with gotomeeting.

Thanks and good Luck!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I also tried the workaround with the Stereo Mix. All my attempts have been very bad. The audio quality is horrible.

What was your experience? Can you telle me if the quality of the sound of the video was acceptable at your tests? 

Thanks, VG!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear VG,

Using Stereo Mix gave me a very high quality Audio, there are a few things you need to fix for your audio.

1.  Do you have the latest Driver for Audio(Mine is Realtek)  and does it comes with MaxProAudio?

2.  For Win7 Notebook there is a flaw after they stop all support, if you plug in 3.5mm headset or mike jet onto your pc, it will corrupt your sound drivers and drive your MaxProAudio crazy and will not recognise any 3.5mm devices being plug in.  Way around is to change to Win10 or add a USB to 3.5mm input and output audio interface.

Mine is a Dell PC and I just got on to their website and reinstall the audio driver, it will delete then reinstall again.  

The reason why it is important for virtual meeting to have good audio driver is to prevent feedback sound from output speaker back into the Microphone requires Acoustic Echo Cancellation as minimum.  After that use a tape to seal up the 3.5mm input in case of accident.  You can also use after reinstallation all software Blue tooth Headset with Mike and Speakers which will also do the trick of not corrupting the audio drivers again.

Good Luck my friend, not sure if I want to stay with gotomeeting given this major flaw which is very disruptive to my presentation.