cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua Hale
New Contributor

The time in my google calendar invite says somthing different then the scheduled time

My google calendar email invite says
When Tue Jan 31, 2017 6pm – 6:30pm GMT (no daylight saving)

But my GotoMeeting says:
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time

Any ideas why Google calendar would be different?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael16
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: The time in my google calendar invite says somthing different then the scheduled time

Hi Joshua, the meeting is scheduled for the same time but the difference is the google calendar invite is not localized, so it shows GMT (UTC +0), whereas your GoToMeeting account will reflect what you have set as your default timezone, PST (UTC -8).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Michael16
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: The time in my google calendar invite says somthing different then the scheduled time

Hi Joshua, the meeting is scheduled for the same time but the difference is the google calendar invite is not localized, so it shows GMT (UTC +0), whereas your GoToMeeting account will reflect what you have set as your default timezone, PST (UTC -8).

View solution in original post

Joshua Hale
New Contributor

Great thanks for the quick response.
Tina Inkrote
New Contributor

Michael, How do I fix this?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Tina, one thing you can do is check that your Google account and your GoToMeeting account are both set to your correct time zone. If you log into your GoToMeeting account on the website and select My Account from the drop-down menu on the right , you can confirm that it is set correctly and update it if needed.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tina Inkrote
New Contributor

Thank you, I will look at the settings.  However, the times on my guests email are so far off I'm not sure it's a time zone issue.  The meeting is set for 9:00am PST, we are on the same time zone, but his invitation shows 9:00am in the subject but 5:00pm GMT in the "When" section of the body of the invite.  Any suggestions?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Tina,
5 PM GMT is the same as 9 AM PST, so all that checks out so far. 
I apologize for any confusion there, and the zones should always add up correctly in relation to your scheduling time.

joshmfish
New Contributor

I am having a big issue with our GoToWebinar API Integration and the Google Calendar Link in the confirmation email that goes out to users. 

The outlook and general calendar link work correctly, but the Google Calendar link is 8 hours forward. This only happens if created through the API. If the meeting is natively created in GTW the all links work correctly.

I cant even count how many people have come back and told us about their calendar invite time issue now.

Has anybody had this issue? How did you fix it?