cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
presipar24
Visitor

Transcription Service and Password use are incompatible!

Warning:  Do not use a password if  you want your recording transcribed!

I recently upgraded to a business version that offered transcription of audio recording meetings.

I could not get it working until yesterday Rita in support turned on "Cloud recording" and we did a test recording that was nicely transcribed.

Today I held an actual meeting and recorded the audio.  At the close of the meeting, the program converted the recording.

I THEN COULD NOT GET A TRANSCRIPT TOBE MADE.

I called support and after a period of time, the support person found that my recording had been made to my computer and not the cloud.   It was also discovered that Cloud Recording and Transcription was turned off again -- like it has been when Rita turned it on yesterday.

I was then asked if I had used a password to start the meeting -- and yes of course I did to be safe.

Then I was told "USING A PASSWORD TURNS OFF CLOUD RECORDING AND TRANSCRIPTION!"

There was nothing that could be done to transcribe the recording.

I was then told that in order "TO GET TRANSCRIPTION -- DO NOT  USE A PASSWORD FOR YOUR MEETING!"  I was quite angry no one informed me I would loose transcription if I used a password.

This is counter to safe practices of using a password.  

In order to use the transcription service -- I can't use a password! NO ONE HAD TOLD ME THIS!

I now have to hand transcribe an hour long business meeting -- that will take most of a day.

Can programmers make a change the procedure so using a password does not turn off cloud recording and will allow transcription?

Unhappy in Seattle.

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Transcription Service and Password use are incompatible!

@presipar24  I apologize for the lack of warnings there when using the password functionality.  We'll work to improve the messaging there. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!