cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Trouble with webcam recording and cloud storage

I've looked through the discussion boards and none of the suggestions have solved my problem.

I want to record a meeting with audio, screen share, and the presenter's webcam. When I run a test meeting and record it, the recording saves to the local instead of cloud and the webcam recording does not show up. The audio and screen share both are fine in the recording.

We have a Pro account, and I am the admin so I have enabled cloud recording. Please advise as to why it won't save to the cloud and the webcam isn't being recorded. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Trouble with webcam recording and cloud storage

@SNobile If you stop screen sharing, your webcam will continue to record.  You just have to begin the broadcast with screen sharing enabled for this to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am stuck with exactly the same problem :-(

Highlighted
Active Contributor

@ThomasMeschke @AshC @GlennD Can any of you shed some light on this issue?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey there, I'm not aware of any ongoing issues getting Cloud Recording to activate on a GoToMeeting account, but that's the solution to recording webcams with desktop screen sharing.

If you haven't contacted Customer Support yet, andwant me to troubleshoot this with you, please click on my Community name in order to send over a private message with your login email address.  I will create a temporary password to see what's going on with that Organizer + Admin Center, and then reset the password for you again.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I finally got through to someone who seemed like they could help me. I can now record my webcam as long as I'm also recording my screen share - is there no way to simply record my webcam without the screen share?

(They did get my recording to save to the cloud though, so at least that part is solved)

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@SNobile If you stop screen sharing, your webcam will continue to record.  You just have to begin the broadcast with screen sharing enabled for this to work.

View solution in original post