cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Using the Recording Manager

There have been a number of changes since the Recording Manager was add, in this article I will highlight the key points you need to know.

• Recordings made on a PC still use the GoToMeeting codec, but the resulting files have a new .g2m extension so you can easily tell that they have not yet been converted. 

• The new Recording Manager lets you convert you recordings whenever you want, instead of automatically starting as soon as your event has ended.

• On Windows you can select .wmv or .mp4 file formats, on Mac it’s .MOVor .mp4. The codec on the Windows recordings is removed during the conversion process so you can share and upload your recording right away.
On the subject of sharing, if you have a GoToWebinar or GoToTraining account, you now have the ability to upload your recordings to your account and share them directly from there. Each account has 3GB of space for recordings.

The final improvement worth mentioning is that after the conversion process is completed, your original recording is now moved to a new folder, rather than over written. On a Windows PC your recording is moved to a new folder called Original, which is located in your Documents folder. If you are using a Mac, the files are saved in a folder called tempAV which is located in the Recordings folder. Due to the size of these files they are not saved indefinitely, so you might want to make copies to a dedicated storage solution if you want to keep them as back ups. This means if for any reason you need to run the conversion again you can. Just copy the original recording files back into your Documents or Recordings folders and and launch the Recording Manager again.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
43 REPLIES 43
Marc31
New Contributor

Re: Using the Recording Manager

Thanks for the information.  I'm having a problem, however.  I've uploaded the file as instructed.  It does so without incident.  When I test the link for the video...after entering my information, all I get is blank white screen.  The video does not play.  Any ideas?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Marc, does the recording playback normally on your computer? Are you using a PC or Mac?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Marc31
New Contributor

Thanks Glenn.  My apologies.  I just learned that our firewall was the issue.  Thanks for your willingness to help.  It works just fine!
SGarner
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Belated retrieval of a recording.

I hosted a GTM at another site on Mon, 20 Jul. When the meeting ended their IT person closed the meeting and we all left. I realized later that the recording was not converted. Is there any way to convert the recording now? Is the original file on the GTM site or was it stored on the local drive of the host's computer? Thank you for your assistance.
SGarner
New Contributor

Okay, now how do I get to the screens show above?  I have GTM open in a browser and I don't see any link that would lead me to the screens shown.  I have the GTM app open and it only allows me to see my current schedule of meetings.
Sossity Fair
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help with recordings.

I conducted a session and saw the file that needed to be converted. I haven't recorded before and wasn't quite sure what to do from there. I think I must have closed that box and cannot find out how to access it again. When I click on "My Recordings" it shows that nothing is there. Can I access the file anywhere now?
R Ninomiya
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to access audio recording after call window closed.

Can do I access an audio recording that wasn't converted yet and after the call has been completed and GTM closed?
brandon t
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MP4 Audio Conversion / Reconvert.

In the process of converting my recording to MP4 format, the audio quality on the recording appears to have degraded quite a bit. I would like to reconvert the original recording to WMV format, hoping that will help the quality issue but I'm unable to figure out how to do that. I can't find the original GTM recording anywhere on my machine after the first conversion was completed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Jordyn
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to find previously recorded meetings through the GoToMeetings site....

We recorded a meeting and after, coverted the meeting but did not save it. Is there a way to access this recording again?