cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superdaniel
Active Contributor

VPN issue with Mac

We experience an issue isolated to our MacBooks when connecting or hosting a meeting while using VPN.

The Application launches in the dock but the GUI does not appear nor does the meeting start. We are quite sure it is not a firewall setting, it is limited to just Apple devices, and only while using the VPN, and the problem started roughly onee month ago.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: VPN issue with Mac

@superdaniel  Typically we would upgrade an entire account at one time because others would have to update to your software build if they joined your meeting anyway.  Please send an email to our Community Support alias with the meeting / account details.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@superdaniel  Sorry for the confusion.  The VPN itself should not stop your GoToMeeting software from launching locally on Macs.  Are you attempting to host or join through the websites currently?  If so, have you tried the desktop software directly?

superdaniel
Active Contributor

If I am trying to host or join, I am able to use those buttons within the desktop app, and it is only then that the meeting GUI will fail to appear.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@superdaniel  As long as this is not strictly a virtual desktop (unsupported), then you should at minimum receive a 'Failed to connect' message from the software.  I'm not sure exactly why this would fail only on your Macs if the Windows devices are on the same VPN.

superdaniel
Active Contributor

When we look at network traffic, we can see that small amounts of packaet data is being sent and recieved but it is not consistent in terms of size to be the same as normal meeting start behavior.

Our speculation revolves around an application layer packeet header issue with resolving our double natting. We are open to your speculation.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@superdaniel  There may be an ongoing problem with your GoToMeeting version affecting Mac systems right now.  I'd like to upgrade your login, but you are a member of a larger corporate account.  You will probably want to reach out to your Administrator about this before we make any account changes to test a possible resolution.

superdaniel
Active Contributor

What would the upgrade entail?

Is there cost involved?

If I am an administrator but you are looking for someone else can you tell me more about what the upgrade entails?

Can we apply it only to 1 test computer?

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@superdaniel  This is only a software upgrade, which we force to users several times each year --- but haven't upgraded everyone to this new build yet.  There is no cost, and we can test your login for this Community if you like...

superdaniel
Active Contributor

Sure, you can use me as a tester.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@superdaniel  I have upgraded your specific login to G2M V8.38.1.  You'll need to host a new meeting through the website most likely to test this version.