cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Video Source external to IPad.

My company uses the iOS version of goth meeting with great success, however I have a situation where I would like to run a meeting where the speaker will be a significant distance from the iPad so I hope to connect an external camera to the IPad so as to be able to zoom and pan etc. I can connect the camera through an HDMI adaptor but don't know how to access the source. Can anyone assist?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Video Source external to IPad.

Yes you would just run the GoToMeeting App on the iPhone as well and join as another attendee, then share the iPhone's camera. The iPhone and iPad do not need to be on the same network, they just both need a network connection.

I would definitely recommend a couple of test runs first, so you are comfortable with the set up. The only issue I can see is if you do not have enough attendee spots available to use one with your iPhone.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Steve, 

Unfortunately I do not believe that it is possible to select and external source with our iOS App. What you could do (and I have done this in a GoToMeeting), is use the GoToMeeting App on an iPhone as a mobile camera.

New Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me Glenn. Using the iPhone is a thought.
New Contributor

So on the iPhone question. Is it possible to use the camera on the iPhone while using the gotomeeting app on the iPad? This would enable me to set up closer to the speaker while controlling things from a short distance away and be less intrusive. I could connect the iPad to the iPhone hotspot so they are one the same network?
LogMeIn Manager

Yes you would just run the GoToMeeting App on the iPhone as well and join as another attendee, then share the iPhone's camera. The iPhone and iPad do not need to be on the same network, they just both need a network connection.

I would definitely recommend a couple of test runs first, so you are comfortable with the set up. The only issue I can see is if you do not have enough attendee spots available to use one with your iPhone.