cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Webcam video quality is very poor - Why?

Can anyone answer why the resolution of the webcam picture we have is reduced by GoToMeeting? We certainly aren't getting HD webcam pictures.

We bought some new webcams, capable of up to 1080p resolution. However when used with GoToMeeting, the quality is awful. Even when not screen sharing the webcam quality is poor. A test meeting with only myself on it, webcam turned on, the video quality of the webcam must be at its lowest possible setting. I'm showing my shared webcam feed expanded and its very pixelated. With only 1 attendee GTM shouldn't be reducing the video quality. If I use the windows Camera app with the webcam the video and image quality is as high as can be expected - 1080p.

The network quality is good. 100Mbs connection. Laptop is reasonably specced although 4-5 years old now.

I'll try and get some comparitive screenshots of the quality so you can see how bad it is.  Here are links to comparitive images: GTM webcam screenshot  Camera app screenshot 

Camera is a Spedal 920pro 120° Wide Angle Conference Webcam

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TF5J6JZ/?coliid=I1RMUQ8DWQ1YFL&colid=2SFV27WOSAD8V&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_...

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Active Contributor

Re: Webcam video quality is very poor - Why?

I've rephrased my original post as a question in hope of a response.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Rich,

Do you notice any difference in quality when you stop screen sharing and connect to telephone audio instead of VoIP?

Active Contributor

No the resolution of the webcam image looked like it was the same regardless of screen sharing.