cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom6
New Contributor

Re: Webcams limit?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
is there any way to show more than 6 webcams.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Tom, currently 6 web cams is the limit and there isn't a way to increase that.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Michael Meyer
Active Contributor

Too bad to hear that. Actually we are evaluating different alteratives to GTM. Only 6 Webcams is a no go for us. So I think the only solution seems to use a other product.
Brooks M. Willi
New Contributor

It's not clear and buried. You should be more clear. 6 is ridiculous and does not meet our needs. You should advertise as 25.
Brian Spraggins
New Contributor

Hi Doug, 

Do you know what compression codecs HDFaces supports?
Brian Spraggins
New Contributor

Hi Glen, 

Do you know which compression codecs HDFaces uses? H.264,H.263,VP8 etc?
Shannon McDonou
New Contributor

Any plans to increase this in the future? Even having 10 people on video at a time would be great!
Dan Emch
New Contributor

Hello Glenn (or other Citrix leader),
I see the last reply on this subject was 7 months ago.  I'm hoping for an update on this. 

We've used GoToAssist for years and recently started using GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, GoToTraining.  Our president's staff has been using GoToMeeting with good success.  (only 4 people are remote, the others are on site)

I finally convinced our Sales Staff (16 people) to use this for their meetings.  Previously they used a teleconference, via 800 number.  But I demo'd for a few of them how using their webcam they can see each other - which helps with attentiveness to the meeting.

To our dismay the 7th person was blocked.  When I started searching if this was a known issue I see that it's a limitation.  Yet the advertised capability is "up to 100 attendees".  I did follow two links on that advertisement, and upon clicking the "learn more" link, then "see faces" link, I do see that the 4th bullet says "six video feeds" is the limit.

We pay $3,792 per year for our GoToXXX services and I find it really surprising to be limited to 6 video attendees.

Is there any way this can be increased?
Thank you!
Dana
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, unfortunately at this time I do not have an update on this subject. The limit of 6 HDFaces streams is linked to bandwidth requirements I believe.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Michael Meyer
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn.
We pay more than 5000 $ per year for GotoXXXX services and the feature request for more webcams is older than 2 years. I have also posted the request 9 month ago. Could you please provide more informations why this is so ? Bandwidth should be no problem in 2015.