cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie Bolduc
New Contributor

Re: Webcams limit?

Hi Michael, feeling a little bad advertising on a GoToMeeting forum but iMeet by PGi is a similar product to GTM, with a cleaner interface and allows for many more webcam feeds to be on at once. You  may want to look into it!
Michael Meyer
Active Contributor

Hi.
Thanks. If we change the product we would take a self hosted solution.
As written above, bandwidth is no problem for us.
So if we take a other solution it would run on an own server in our own server farm.
willystyle04
New Contributor

Self-hosted Adobe Connect may be an option for you then... I've seen well more than 6 streams active at once with limited bandwidth impact.
Lisa Casey
New Contributor

If we can have up to a 100 participants on a call but only 6 on video how do you toggle between the people on the call? Is there a way to have say 25 people on a call all with video and toggle between groups so that multiple people can be on video at throughout the call?
Norman11
New Contributor

I too look forward for GoToMeeting have a higher capacity for webcam connections. Even a hint as to when you may have it available or that you are working on it would be helpful, obviously there is a demand for this to be increased.
Jean-Michel Mee
New Contributor

Hi, we just activated Gotomeeting for Rotary Eclub Belgium 1. We moved from Vsee to Gotomeeting, and now we understand that there is a limit to only 6 webcams. You must be joking. Can you please inform whether there are options to increase this or not, and if not. We have more than 6 members, and we do not do discrimination among participants.
Michael Meyer
Active Contributor

Today I have talked to a Citrix Sales Representive.
Also this was a topic I have talked about.
The Sales Representive said to me that there are no plans to increase the limit.
More customers want high resolution and not more picture.

Very bad to here that. 😞
Anthony Lombard
New Contributor

Just confirming, I understand the 6 webcam limit, but my question is if there are 10 people on the conference can all 10 have a webcam, but only 6 showing at a time? For example, if the 7th person starts talking can we scroll to their webcam?
Kim Conley
New Contributor

@Michael Meyer, what did you end up switching to? We have about 15 remote employees at the moment, we'd love more than 6 webcams, it's a shame we can't see everybody. Thanks!!
Michael Meyer
Active Contributor

Hi. We have evaluated different solutions but in our business were large changes by law which have made a lot of development work for us, so this have get a lower priority for us.
Our favorit last year was screenconnect (self hosted)