cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan Emch
New Contributor

Re: Webcams limit?

We still are using GoToMeeting but will switch once we find one that supports more users - or at least one that shows the last "x" number of people who have spoken.  What we spend on GoToXXX products is very high, and this type of issue not be handled by Citrix is disappointing.
Ryan Sandidge
New Contributor

That would make a lot of sense wouldn't it... Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  If the 7th person has their webcam enabled they will automatically show up if someone else turns their cam off... So on a very manual level you can manage a meeting where if someone who is hidden needs to say something then you can ask someone else to turn their cam off... It is just a one button click, but can be disruptive to the meeting.
Cheryl B. Engel
New Contributor

I didn't see this either. Very dissapointed
lthompson1
New Contributor

Anthony, when I looked at other solutions the last time next to GTM, WebEx and Adobe we found QLIPS. They have a limit of 4 bigger streams but the small webcam streams that show in the avatars can be up to 10. Maybe that helps ...
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, are you are GoToMeeting customer currently? Are you still looking to share more than 6 webcams at a time?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Michaela1
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,
I am currently experiencing this in our meeting group. is there a solution? There are 7 of us and it's problematic.
Thanks,
Michaela
Chris30
New Contributor

Glenn

I'm a current customer and I'm looking for more webcams to be turned on, I would be happy if just 6 on screen at a time but when a person who starts talking would just replace a person who isn't talking at the current time that would be great.

We just starting using this year and I purchased 37 webcams so I could see who is talking at the current time.

Thanks Chris

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Chris,
I think that is a neat idea, and we do have something similar, where you can see the name of the person talking in your control panel.  I'll see if your specific idea is an improvement idea already!

Gayan Kularatne
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is the maximum number of Webcams that can be displayed at a given time. ?.

What is the maximum number of Webcams that can be displayed at a
given time. ? for example since we are a diplomatic office we are having video
conferences with 12-15 participants at a time. can we see all these web cams at
the same time. or is there any limitation on this ?
Debora Chacon
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn (Or other community leader),
We also have GoToMeeting / GoToTraining accounts and we really need more people to be able to join on webcams. Is there a way to increase the number of cameras from 06 to at least 16? We have a session taking place mid-march and it would be great if we can find a solution by then..