cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Webcam limit reached ?

Hi Umberto,

25 is the maximum number of webcams that can be shared at one time.  

250 webcams at once would be impossible to see the participants themselves, especially on a smaller display.

Please see the webcam sharing FAQs here for more info: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/hdfaces-video-conferencing-faqs-g2m050011 

JanetP
New Contributor

We are using a GoToTraining account and recieved the maximum number of webcams error message today (with 6 users).   Is the limit of 6 associated with GoTo Training itself, or,  can we enable more cameras at one time if the Organizer uses the Desktop Version to run the meeting (vs the Instant Join app)?

Also, if the organizer uses the Desktop version, would we still reach the limit of 6 for participants using the Instant Join app, but not have a limit for others using the “Desktop Version?"

As a related sidenote, this issue with GoToTraining is very confusing because we also have a GoToMeeting account and were able to have over 40 users on that last week, almost all of whom had their cameras activated...  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

FILCA
New Contributor

Hi, I understood that the limit is 25 Webcam on PC screen.
What I wanted to know is if you are planning to increase this limit up to 49 like per ex. Zoom allow to do now.
Thanks a lot.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@JanetP  GoToTraining and GoToWebinar allow for just 6 webcams at a time currently.  There are plans to expand upon this in the future, though I do not have an ETA to share right now. 

GoToMeeting still allows for 25 webams simultaneously; and 6 viewed at a time on most mobile devices.

@FILCA  There are no plans currently to increase the number of webcams viewed simultaneously because at a certain point it becomes impossible to make out individual video feeds when they become too small. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Umberto,

25 webcams at one time is the limit for GoToMeeting broadcasts.  When one webcam drops off another may share theirs.  Sharing up to 250 webcams simultaneously would not be functional, as each window would be too small to see on most device displays. 

jdrew619
New Contributor

Re: Webcams limit?

I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere. I have GoToMeeting, I only see 6 people at a time. I see conflicting information all over the place. It says I should be able to see 25 webcams "depending on your GoToMeeting plan". I don't know how to verify if my plan has the option to have 25 webcams or not.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@jdrew619 iOS devices only show 6 webcams, while desktop applications will show up to 25. 

jdrew619
New Contributor

I'm using the PC desktop version.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

There's no difference in paid subscription types, so you should be able to see more than six webcams, when there are more than 6 participants sharing simultaneously.  Please share a screen shot of what your GoToMeeting application looks like while in session.

stephenott1
New Contributor

GoTo really needs to consider upping the number of simultaneous webcams from 25. While I see the point about the cams being too small to see everyone clearly, GoTo is falling behind in the race with Teams and Zoom. Several of my users have asked if they can have more than 25 cameras for their large meetings. When I say no, they ask about other services like Zoom. It should really be up to the customer to decide whether having more than 25 cams makes everyone too small.