cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

certificate for silent install not valid

In order to install the plugin for Outlook 2016 silent, I need to user the certificate, which can be downloaded from the support site (https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/install-gotomeeting-outlook-in-silent-mode-for-admin...).

After downloading the certificate (https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/downloaddocument/gotomeeting-outlook-plugin-certificates-...)  it seems the certificate is valid till 8-11-2018 (november 8th 2018). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: certificate for silent install not valid

I have tried to install the plugin with help of TestAndInstall_G2MOutlookPlugin.ps1.

After starting this PowerShell script, I still got a "no valid certificates found" error.

After changing line 26:

$LogMeInCerts = Get-Item @("Cert:\LocalMachine\TrustedPublisher\*"; "Cert:\CurrentUser\TrustedPublisher\*" ) | ForEach-Object {if($_.Subject -match "LogMeIn" -and $_.NotAfter -gt (Get-Date)) {$_} }

to

$LogMeInCerts = Get-Item @("Cert:\LocalMachine\TrustedPublisher\*"; "Cert:\CurrentUser\TrustedPublisher\*" ) | ForEach-Object {if($_.Subject -match "LogMeIn") {$_} }

The certificate is found and the plugin is installed correctly.

2 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @RoyAerts,

Sorry for any confusion! The certificate date applies to when the code for the plug-in was written, so it is still valid. When we release an update to the plug-in that includes new code we will issue a new certificate. You can use the one you downloaded to complete the install.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I have tried to install the plugin with help of TestAndInstall_G2MOutlookPlugin.ps1.

After starting this PowerShell script, I still got a "no valid certificates found" error.

After changing line 26:

$LogMeInCerts = Get-Item @("Cert:\LocalMachine\TrustedPublisher\*"; "Cert:\CurrentUser\TrustedPublisher\*" ) | ForEach-Object {if($_.Subject -match "LogMeIn" -and $_.NotAfter -gt (Get-Date)) {$_} }

to

$LogMeInCerts = Get-Item @("Cert:\LocalMachine\TrustedPublisher\*"; "Cert:\CurrentUser\TrustedPublisher\*" ) | ForEach-Object {if($_.Subject -match "LogMeIn") {$_} }

The certificate is found and the plugin is installed correctly.