cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: error 12029

Happened with me and this is what i did:

Disabled all firewalls even antivirus firewall ...... same error.
Connected to internet using my mobile ...... same error.
Logged in with a different profile ...... same error.

Finally temporally stopped my antivirus to check ......... It Works !!??

Just reinstalled my antivirus and it is working fine now 🙂  
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can I assume that you are using Kaspersky for your AV. We have the same problems with GoToMeeting and the only solution is to reinstall the AV
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Using Win 10. get this error: GoTo Opener encountered an error: 12029.

Using Win 10. get this error: GoTo Opener encountered an error: 12029 sending request to service builds.citrixonlinecdn.com. A connection with the server could not be established. Failed to download GoTo Meeting from our servers. Please restar the download or contact Global Customer Support. Help. have ameeting at 11am. thanks
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i am getting an error 12029 sending request to server when i download and try to ....
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello

I've been using GoTo Webinar for few years without any issues. Recently started getting Error 12029 or Error 12030 and in the log I see that cannot establish connection.

I use Bitdefender, but I did turn off my firewall etc.

Tried uninstalling GoTo multiple times, addes many pages into whitelist of the firewall and still same error.

Is there anything else that can be causing this problem ? Any services or plugins that I might be missing?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@michal2  I'm afraid 'disabling' your local firewall may not exclude the previous decisions made.  Just to confirm, have you also tested the same device through another network connection? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I did test it with another network.

I also did test the same network with my mobile device and on mobile GoToWebinar works fine.

Is there a way to open GoToWebinar in web? I only could find GoToMeeting

Still having the same issue with connecting to builds.getgocdn.com

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@michal2  There is a way to force the GoToWebinar instant join app through Chrome, if that's your main concern (with webinars instead of meetings):

1. Locate the confirmation email 
  2. Right click on the join webinar webinar button and copy the hyperlink 
  3. Add the parameter ?clientType=html5  to the end of the join URL from Step 2
  4. Copy the entire new URL with the newly added parameter
  5. Paste the new join URL in Chrome to join through the web browser
Highlighted
New Contributor

That's great news, thanks. It is working fine with the browser,

Do you know why I can't install the standalone app?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@michal2  Error 12029 is almost always a local area network / ISP or firewall problem.  I would double check any local security there, since it sounds like you've ruled out the network by testing a separate device on it, I would try uninstalling the security application or perhaps running in safemode in the case of an unknown, conflicting app.