cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atomz4peace
New Contributor

gotomeeting with airpods

has anyone make gtm work with airpods with windows 10? It's a known issue on skype too. We can use microphone but can't hear audio. When playing music/video/whatever, airpods work great. But once you start GTM, the audio stop and you hear nothing but silence. Microphone works, but not playback.

Anyone made it work?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benjamin_007
Active Contributor

Re: gotomeeting with airpods

The problem is that the AirPods have two driver. One is only for its loudspeaker. The other one is for loudspeaker and mic together. The 2 driver are maybe needed to safe power consumption when only listening to music. This will always lead to the problem when the micropfone is used on the pc. This is not a problem caused by the AirPod but rather by the wrong Windows bluetooth driver installed automatically. On a different windows Laptop (same model) the AirPods working fine. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@atomz4peace   I'm only aware of our testing done currently with Apple products and AirPods, which don't seem to have any major problems like the one you described.  Are you able to toggle the audio inputs through the GoToMeeting interface at all?

Benjamin_007
Active Contributor

@AshC I have the same problem with Goto Webinar and Skype. When I listen to music or YouTube everythink is fine. When I switch to Goto Webinar or Skype Business the music stops immediately and I hear only sound artefacts every 10 seconds. After one minute the airpods disconnecting themself from the laptop and connecting again when I leave the call. Any Idea what could be the problem?

ThorVonClemson
New Contributor

Same issue. I’ve checked the settings and my AirPods are connected, working for anything else on my laptop, but I don’t get any audio in GoTo Meeting. Let me know if anyone has found a solution.
Benjamin_007
Active Contributor

After one hour with apple support I figured out that the problem was my windows driver. When you start using the iPods with microphone the driver changes from earplugs only to a headset driver with mic support. This causes also other apps which using mic and earplugs together. This problem was not on a colleagues pc so it is definitely the driver on my pc. But I was not able to solve the problem. I just use a different headset 😉
hartman_fvtc
Active Contributor

Has LogMeIn developed a solution for this? I have a presenter that has the same issue. No problems using AirPods until accessing GoToWebinar. Then he loses audio and has to disconnect and use a different audio source. Looking for solutions.

Tags (2)
Benjamin_007
Active Contributor

The problem is that the AirPods have two driver. One is only for its loudspeaker. The other one is for loudspeaker and mic together. The 2 driver are maybe needed to safe power consumption when only listening to music. This will always lead to the problem when the micropfone is used on the pc. This is not a problem caused by the AirPod but rather by the wrong Windows bluetooth driver installed automatically. On a different windows Laptop (same model) the AirPods working fine. 

View solution in original post

Uday1977
New Contributor

Capture.PNG

Uday1977
New Contributor

Go to setting Go To meeting app and change audio settings.

For microphone use the computer micro phone and for audio select Air pods pro stereo.

PP1008
New Contributor

I see the option for Airpods for the speaker but I do not see the option for Airpods under microphone.  How do get goto to recognize aipods microphone?