cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

hiding my camera

Apparently there was an update between Thursday and Friday, as when I logged in on Friday my dashboard looks totally different. In the old version I was able to continue sharing my camera (so other participants could see me) but I could hide my camera (so that I couldn't see myself on my screen). That is not an option with the new version. Is there a way to make it so that I can only see the person I am video conferencing with, and not see myself at all?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: hiding my camera

Hi there,

I apologize for the confusion with the GoToMeeting interface update.

You actually have all the same functionality, plus a few more: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-your-view-of-webcams-desktop-app-g2m090094

Let us know if you see an improvement opportunity, as this design will continue to evolve in the future.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@AshC wrote:

Hi there,

I apologize for the confusion with the GoToMeeting interface update.

You actually have all the same functionality, plus a few more: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-your-view-of-webcams-desktop-app-g2m090094mmycfavisit

Let us know if you see an improvement opportunity, as this design will continue to evolve in the future.

Hi buddy, are we allowed to use all listed in that article you shared?

Regards,

V.Smith

Highlighted
New Contributor

I found that, but it doesn't give me the option to hide my camera. The options are:

View everyone (including myself)

View who is talking (again, myself when I am speaking)

Active Cameras (including myself)

Hide everyone (hides me, but also hides the person I am trying to view)

I work in a doctors office andmy goal is to only see my patient, and have my patient only see me on their end.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thank you for the use case @awilson-lcmha .  I will share this with the development team.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I would also like to see this feature added back in.  We're sending the video into a meeting room and I do not want te see the preview of what we are sending out.  It is very distracting and unessesary.  Will have to look at other options.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@QCTV-MN  Have you tried disabling the GoToMeeting Preference for Skip camera preview when joining a meeting ?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there a roadmap that shows what the GotoMeeting team is adding to the app for the next 1-2 months?

Or a feature request tracker I can visit to follow this feature request? I dislike having my personal video clutter the video collage when working with several colleagues.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@QCTV-MN  Have you tried disabling the GoToMeeting Preference for Skip camera preview when joining a meeting ?

I thought we had tried that but I'll look at it again.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@chexxor We hope to separate an 'Ideas' section of the Community soon.  For now you can check the regular threads here for enhancement discussions, and separate specific posts by the 'Ideas' label in the right-side Tags area.