cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

improve audio with 6-7 people in a room + externals

Hi,

I am quite new in using the platform, and I would like suggestions on how to best manage a meeting with some colleagueas in a room (with laptops and screens) and some other connected from outside (homeoffice).

At the moment we are using the dial in option (phone, not pc audio): we call from a telephone placed on the table in the meeting room and insert the speaker so that we all can hear the external colleagues. The problem is that when different colleagueas in the room enter the discussion, it's hard to hear the voices from external participants, unless we hand over the of the receiver of the telephone, which of course is not very comfortable to do for the whole meeting. Should we use a microphone to hand over and to speak in, buy headsets for everyone in the room or something else?  This situation is the most frequent one in our reality, so we need to find the proper solution.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: improve audio with 6-7 people in a room + externals

Hi @Odimarco ,

Welcome to the LMI Community!

In your case, I would invest in a desktop speaker-phone system that is good at noise cancellation (most are).  That way your Attendees in the GoTo broadcast won't hear any feedback from your mic when they speak, and everyone in the conference room on site can easily speak or just listen in. 

** I would also check the maximum radius the speaker-phone supports, based on the size of your conference room and participant distance from the center of the conference table.

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Odimarco ,

Welcome to the LMI Community!

In your case, I would invest in a desktop speaker-phone system that is good at noise cancellation (most are).  That way your Attendees in the GoTo broadcast won't hear any feedback from your mic when they speak, and everyone in the conference room on site can easily speak or just listen in. 

** I would also check the maximum radius the speaker-phone supports, based on the size of your conference room and participant distance from the center of the conference table.

New Contributor

Thank you, we will follow your suggestions

Kind regards

Ombretta