cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

new user not receiving email

New to GoToMeeting. Created new organizers and sent custom email. The email is never received (I did verify I am able to receive outside email to these accounts) says it sent successfully no error whatsoever 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: trouble with a new GTM license

@janni71  Sorry for any confusion there.

When New User GoTo invitations are not received there is often a local spam filter engaged or some spam block on the entire company / email provider.  In cases where only the welcome email is being blocked, users may also send a Forgot Password email from the LMI authentication side:  https://authentication.logmeininc.com/pwdrecovery/

** If forgot password emails have already been attempted, then you may click on my Community name here in order to privately message me the affected email address'.  If there have been too many email returns to our LMI servers, then there may be a temporary block on the address (stop sending emails) that we can remove.

*** If the LMI emails are still being returned after a bounce block has been lifted, then the stoppage will return again I'm afraid.  This means it is very important that you check with the affected user base / email provider (or IT department) afterwards to avoid cyclical blocks being created.

46 REPLIES 46
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: new user not receiving email

Hi Jeff,
Sorry about that.
Do you know how long ago the invitations were sent?  Have the affected users checked their spam filters for blocked emails?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jeff,  Could you please send me the email address for the invited organizer?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Jeff, I am seeing all 3 of these accounts as activated in our system.  Perhaps they had been used already in the past, so they were just reactivated resulting in an email not being sent.  If the users are not sure of the account passwords they can reset them via the website:  https://authentication.logmeininc.com/pwdrecovery/

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hello,

There is an option to resend invite. I have never received any invites or anything else from these accounts to the email dedicated to them, even though I have resent them multiple times. Does the resend option work?

I did attempt the password recovery option and it says it sent a recovery email but again nothing.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey Jeff,
As Glenn mentioned, all of these users look good from here.  We have been sending them emails, until we received too many returned by the email server.  I have not removed the address' from our DNR list, so pease double check that our emails are whiltelisted by your email provider before attempting another email communication from the GoToMeeting system.

New Contributor

Thank you both!

the domain gotomeeting has been whitelisted. Can I use the resend to test?
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, Jeff--   The resend as well as Password Recovery emails from the login page should now resent to the affected emails.

New Contributor

Although the domain "gotomeeting" has been whitelisted, I am still not receiving either email? Is there something else that should be whitelisted?