cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krimsonite
New Contributor

shared cameras appear black or paused

ok so our school is using g2m for online classes. But recently the webcams are not working for me, they are working for everyone else except me. Whenever I join a meeting the shared cameras work for 5 seconds at a very slow frame rate then it just pauses for the whole session, Or the camera just appears black from the beginning. Again I am not using my camera I am talking about the cameras being shared by others in the session. I urgently need help...

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: shared cameras appear black or paused

Hi @Krimsonite

The behavior you're describing usually indicates a poor internet connection, as we will stop the webcam flow in order to preserve the desktop video and audio sharing feeds.  Can you try connecting directly into your local area network if you're on WiFi instead? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Krimsonite
New Contributor

i am already using ethernet as my desktop doesnt support wifi.. and my network connection is fine

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Another item to consider is the port used to transfer webcams specifically (1853), which may be blocked if you have an active firewall there.  However in your case it sounds like the behavior I mentioned previously where the connection speed may not be fast enough, so that webcams stop displaying in order to preserve the desktop sharing.  In this case I would highly recommend you connect to the audio portion of the broadcast via telephone instead of the local mic and speakers.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!