cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

the installer could not locate a suitable folder to install into

Only happens when you try to use the web client. As a work around i have installed the latest MSI and join the meeting via the local client. However, if i click on a link the browser it will automatically start installing go to meeting web client i assume? Anyways this installation fails with this error. Found doc and verified that that these services are started (and i can create a new folder in the proper directory)

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/knowledge_articles/000001016?title=Error%3A+%22The+ins...

Yes, the computer has full administrative rights. I've tried saving the web client and then running it with the same error. I have also deleted the registry keys for GTM and uninstalled it and then try to re-install but i'm getting the same error.

I can't find anything relating to the error message.

Please help!

Operating system = Win 7 PRO 32x
Error Message= 0xc0000005
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: the installer could not locate a suitable folder to install into

It appears that there was a toolbar installed on the computers called "shopnow" we uninstalled, manually killed the 2 services it was running and disabled those services from startup. After this the installation went through fine. Please add this to the KB so we can eliminate others from facing the same issue. (Confirmed this was the cause on two computers)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Andre,

It looks like you have already covered all the basic trouble shooting steps, so I would recommend calling our toll free support and working directly with one of our Reps: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/contact
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Ok, Thanks!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

It appears that there was a toolbar installed on the computers called "shopnow" we uninstalled, manually killed the 2 services it was running and disabled those services from startup. After this the installation went through fine. Please add this to the KB so we can eliminate others from facing the same issue. (Confirmed this was the cause on two computers)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks for reporting back Andre! 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!