cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

waiting for organizer when I start my own meetings

When I start a GoToMeeting that I have created, from my own PC (either from the web, the desktop shortcut, or my Outlook calendar) I get a window that appears saying 'Waiting for Organizer', but there is not the usual option at the bottom of that screen to 'click here if you are the organizer'.   I am logged into my own PC, I have checked my preferences to ensure that I am logged in as myself.

I've seen this question before on the boards, but no resolution is given.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: waiting for organizer when I start my own meetings

Hi Rowan,

Each time this has come up it was due to the desktop software being signed into a different account than the one used to schedule the meeting.

Do you work in a company that has more than one GoToMeeting account?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Rowan,

Each time this has come up it was due to the desktop software being signed into a different account than the one used to schedule the meeting.

Do you work in a company that has more than one GoToMeeting account?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

New Contributor

I'm having the same issue -- I DO work in a company with more than one GTM account.  Was working fine until we migrated to Office 365 from Exchange...
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Nick,
Outlook 365 is an online tool in most instances, and should not interfere with GoToMeeting.  Have you tried a full reinstall of the meeting software on the problem PC since the problem began?

New Contributor

Hello, GlennD,

I saw your response regarding Waiting for the Organizer question. When I schedule a meeting from my laptop, I sign in with my company credentials. When I am on the road and want to join the meeting by mobile phone, the only options I am given to sign in are to use my Facebook, Linkedin or Google credentials. I am unable to use my company credentials. How can I change this so that I can start my own meeting? 

Thank you!

Diana

LogMeIn Contributor

@DianaV  Are you attempting to start the GoToMeeting through your mobile app?

New Contributor

Yes, I am.

New Contributor

Hi, I found the sign in window! I clicked around and finally found it. I logged in with my company credentials and was able to join the meeting I scheduled. Yay.

New Contributor

New issue. When I am signed in to Webinar with my company credentials, and want to join the meeting using the link from the calendar invite, I am getting the Waiting for the Organizer message. Any work around to that?

Thanks,

Diana

LogMeIn Contributor

@DianaV  Are you able to join the same meeting by manually entering the 9-digit meeting ID through the website or GoTo application?