GoToMeeting Desktop App (v8.24.0, b8569) Release Notes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoToMeeting Desktop App (v8.24.0, b8569) Release Notes

ginnyc
GoTo Contributor

Enjoy this release packed full of improvements! You will notice GoToMeeting is now GDPR compliant and has been updated to the latest platform. And if that's not enough, you'll experience improvements to sharing your screen.

Highlights:

• Desktop app now GDPR compliant
  • Platform upgrade to v2017.3.3
  • Improvements to the Mac "Share my screen" window
  • Fix for Audience View to reflect correct screen
  • Crash fixes
  • Bug fixes & minor change

Rollout plan:

• This build was deployed to customers beginning March 29, 2018.

What's New?

Desktop App Now GDPR Compliant

• In compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) policies, all personal identification information (PII) of users running the desktop app will be automatically removed from the logs that are uploaded to our servers when users experience the app crashing. PII includes user's IP address, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. Learn more about GDPR compliance. 

Platform Upgrade to v2017.3.3

• Upgrades have been made to the desktop platform, which provides overall improvements and bug fixes: 
    • GDPR fixes
    • Fix for drawing tool-related crashes on Macs

Improvements to the Mac "Share My Screen" Window

• Improvements have been made to the Mac "Share my screen" window for easier and clearer navigation. Improvements include:
    • Live thumbnails in the Screens tab for users with a multi-monitor setup 
    • Automatic resizing when users move the window around the screen
    • Launch of the window with the most recently shared tab (Application, Screens, Whiteboard) 

Fix for Audience View to Reflect Correct Screen

• Previously, the Audience View pane of the Control Panel would show the screen most recently shared by the Presenter rather than the active screen attendees were seeing. Now, the Audience View will display what the majority of attendees are actually seeing. Presenters will see a "Waiting for next screen" message in the Audience View pane until the desktop app confirms an attendee is seeing the shared screen.

Crash fixes:

• Fix for app crashing when user immediately selected the thumbnail in the "Share my screen" window after closing the actual application
  • Fix for the app freezing when users on older machines clicked a Join link while already in the Hallway ("Waiting for organizer" screen)

Bug fixes & minor change:

• Fix to lower CPU (central processing unit) load when the "Share my screen" window is open to the Applications tab
  • Performance improvements to the "Share" drop-down menu in the Control Panel 
Version history
Last update:
‎03-30-2018 01:48 PM
Updated by: