GoToMeeting Desktop App (v8.25.0, 8625) Release Notes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoToMeeting Desktop App (v8.25.0, 8625) Release Notes

ginnyc
GoTo Contributor

Start spreading the news, you're enjoying more international countries for Call Me! Your attendees in Belgium, Czech Republic, Israel, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and the United Arab Emirates can now have GoToMeeting call their phones and easily connect to audio. Looking for more improvements? Extra, extra, read all about it - if you're on a Mac, your application notifications such as Outlook, Slack, and more are automatically hidden from your attendees! Read on to learn more about these features and bug fixes.

Highlights:

• "Call Me" now available for 8 additional international countries
  • Notifications now hidden while screensharing on Mac
  • Fix for app crashing when stopping screensharing
  • Fix for connected audio after session ends
  • Additional fixes and minor changes

Rollout plan:

• This build was deployed to customers beginning April 11 and ends April 16, 2018.

What's New?

"Call Me" Now Available for 8 Additional International Countries

• Call Me is now available for phone numbers in 22 total international countries – and that number will keep on growing! This meant that while other international organizers did have access to the feature and could enable it for their meetings, only meeting participants with those phone numbers were able to use it. Learn more about Call Me (originally introduced in November 2016)!
  • As of this release, Call Me is supported for phone numbers based in the following countries. No matter where a user is traveling, they can simply enter their phone number in a Call Me-supported meeting and GoToMeeting will call them. Note that new additional countries are in bold.
    • United States
    • Belgium
    • Canada
    • China
    • Costa Rica
    • Czech Republic
    • France 
    • Germany
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Malaysia
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Singapore
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Taiwan
    • United Arab Emirates
    • United Kingdom

Notifications Now Hidden While Screensharing on Mac

• Application notifications (e.g., Outlook emails, Slack messages, etc.) are now automatically hidden from attendees while Mac Presenters are sharing their screen. These applications that generate notifications are listed in the Notifications Center of the computer's System Preferences. This new feature will prevent distractions and ensure privacy.

Fix for App Crashing when Stopping Screensharing

• Previously, some users intermittently saw a "GoToMeeting has experienced technical difficulties" error message when they stopped screensharing. Now, the app will continue to run properly even after screensharing is stopped. (COLLABEP-21865)

Fix for Connected Audio after Session Ends

• Previously, some attendees could still hear others even after the organizer had ended the session, if they had the "Organizer has ended the meeting" window open. Now, all participant's audio will disconnect as soon as the session is ended. (COLLABEP-21759)

Additional fixes & minor changes:

• Fix for unresponsive app when users tried to join with an incorrect meeting ID from the computer's system tray 
  • Fix for Mac users stuck in the Drawing Tools mode and having to use the Esc key as a workaround 
  • Fix for the "Remember Me" checkbox being unchecked when Windows users cancel out of the Social Sign In window 
  • Fix for the app intermittently crashing
  • Fix for the app intermittently crashing when users opened the "What's New" window
  • Fix for an application's drop-down menu (in the Top menu bar) appearing as an available thumbnail in the Mac "Share my screen" window 
  • Layout improvements to show a name tooltip when hovering over a webcam when the window has been sized to 90px or less 
  • Automatic Updates have been disabled for Mac attendees who never signed in to the app 
Version history
Last update:
‎04-12-2018 06:11 PM
Updated by: