GoToMeeting Desktop App (v8.29.1, b8953) Release Notes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoToMeeting Desktop App (v8.29.1, b8953) Release Notes

ginnyc
GoTo Contributor

Sharing your screen has never looked better or loaded faster! You can now choose to hide the "Share my screen" window and immediately launch the previously shared screen or app. During screen sharing, you'll notice faster loading times when switching between slides, smoother videos, etc. Read on to learn more about these improvements and other fixes.

Highlights:

• Improvements to screen sharing performance

• Hide the "Share my screen" window
  • Bug fixes and minor changes

Rollout plan:

• This build was deployed to customers beginning June 12 and ends June 25, 2018.

What's New?

Improvements to Screen Sharing Performance

• Users will now notice faster screen sharing performance! These improvements include quicker switches between presentation slides and higher frame rate for videos (i.e., users will experience smoother videos). 
  • Notes
    • All participants must be joined from either the Windows or Mac desktop app and cannot be recording the meeting to experience this new improvement. Upcoming releases will support this feature for the Web App and mobile apps.
    • Users may noticed reduced sharpness and quality during motions (slide flips, videos, etc.) but the image will return to normal quality after content is changed.
    • For best results at this time, users should turn off all webcams while presenting.

Hide the "Share My Screen" Window

• Users can choose to dismiss the "Share my screen" window by checking the "Do not show again" checkbox. This means the next time users click the Share icon  g2m_screenshareicon.png in the Control Panel, the previously shared screen or application will begin to be shared immediately. Users can revert this setting from their Preferences window. 
    • Windows: Open Preferences and click Meetings. Then check the "Show me > Screen sharing options" box.
    • Mac: Open Preferences and click Meetings. Then check the "Show screen sharing options" box under the new "Organizer settings" section.
  • Note: The recently improved "Share my screen" window includes a thumbnail preview of all available screens and application windows and may be helpful to new users.endpoint8290_screensharing.png

Bug Fixes & Minor Changes:

Crash fixes:

• Fix for the app intermittently crashing when users closed the "Share my screen" window 
  • Fix for the app intermittently crashing due to backend reasons

Additional fixes and minor changes:

• Fix for stretched thumbnails in the Mac "Share my screen" window 
  • Fix for Windows 7 computer in 16 bit experiencing issues with screen sharing
  • Improvements have been made to decrease the possibility of the app hanging
Version history
Last update:
‎06-18-2018 12:28 PM
Updated by: