cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOzolins
New Contributor

Access Denied - GoToMyPC

On one of my computers, everyone besides me is getting an "Access Denied" popup when trying to connect to the GoToMyPC.  "For security purposes, access to "XXXXXXXX" is denied.  Please try again in 5 minutes."  The users that are trying to connect all have permission set to allow them to connect.  They have been connecting for the past few weeks but this problem just started with them this week.  For whatever reason, when I log in with my own account, I do not get that pop up and it allows me to enter the access code and connect just fine.  The access code has not changed and it randomly started doing this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Re: Access Denied - GoToMyPC

Please downgrade desktop app version and try attempting remote session after upgrade.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Did you use remote deployment feature or use Shared access feature to give access to other users? If yes, then can you check the shared access setting and give them access again if it's not available. The access denied error comes on website or after clicking on connect in viewer ?
JOzolins
New Contributor

It shows up after they hit connect.  It connects to the PC and then immediately bounces back that pop up.  All users trying to get on have shared access rights.  For whatever reason, I am the only one not getting that pop up.

AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Looks like an issue with shared access. Login to your Manager/Admin account, navigate to manage PC and click on shared access feature for the machine. Add the users again to shared access list and save the entries. It should resolve the issue. You might be the owner of PC, and that's why it might have been working for you.
JOzolins
New Contributor

Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue.  I removed them, saved, then readded them and saved.  They still get the pop up.  I am not the machine owner but can still log on fine.

JOzolins
New Contributor

When anyone else tries to log in, it still gives access denied pop up and the local machine then goes into a 5 minute suspension where nobody (even me) can log in.

AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Can you share screenshots ? 

JOzolins
New Contributor

This is the popup everyone receives except me when trying to log in.  Everyone is listed in shared access as the computer is visible to them to connect to.

unnamed.png

JOzolins
New Contributor

And it does not allow anyone to even enter in the access code before popping up that message and disconnecting.
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Which Desktop App version are you on ? Can you please DM me your account details ?