cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdminLife
Active Contributor

Connection Issues

Anyone else having a lot of connection issues today? Users have been calling me all day. They either can't connect, or their session freezes and then are unable to re-connect. Re-starting GTMPC on the machine fixes the problem, but it's crazy annoying.

18 REPLIES 18
awphillips
Active Contributor

Re: Connection Issues

Just started getting calls.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @awphillips@AdminLife thanks for your report. There are currently no outage reports with GoToMyPC. Is this still occurring? Once you restart, is it resolved? Do you receive any error messages or is there anything else unusual occurring? Thanks again! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
awphillips
Active Contributor

Waiting for the host computer to connect...

A connection could not be established

Restarting the GoToMyPC service seems to fix the issue, but that is generally a once or twice a week sort of thing. I've had several just this afternoon. Not normal.

AdminLife
Active Contributor

Hi @KateG . Yes, the issue is still occurring. Restarting seems to resolve the issue. Users are reporting with pictures of the "A connection could not be established. There may be an issue with your host computer." message. There are no error messages on the host PCs or other unusual behavior.

awphillips
Active Contributor

There's definitely something going on. I just had a new computer freeze mid-session and now I cannot reconnect even though I have rebooted it. I have another existing connection working just fine. 

awphillips
Active Contributor

Another user with same issue. Asked them to click the restart GoToMyPC option. Didn't' work. I had to connect to their computer and restart the service before they were able to connect. 

J.1
Contributor

Happened to us this AM. Had to do the service restarts on our user machines as well. I think we've had eight so far.

bgreen

i am having the same issues

for about the last week, i need someone at the physical location to restart my computer, about everytime i try to connect-about twice a day

MD_Chi
New Contributor

This is currently happening to us and seems to happen EVERY time they run overnight maintenance.  Every single time.  It's time we moved our 45 licenses elsewhere.