cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaimB

Is GoToMyPC working on macOS Monterey?

I have an Intel Mac and was wondering if the software works on the new macOS Monterey yet?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is GoToMyPC working on macOS Monterey?

@ChaimB  No problem there!  We are fully compatible with all new Mac OS. Just make certain your GoToMyPC software is the most current available. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ChaimB  No problem there!  We are fully compatible with all new Mac OS. Just make certain your GoToMyPC software is the most current available. 

Toasty66
Active Contributor

I've run into one issue that I never had before in Big Sur, but now started with Monterey.

I'm remote controlling from a Window 10 PC to my Mac.

At a certain point with remote control, it is as if the "fn" key is being held down, and that, for example, turns the "m" key into something that selects the menu bar.  It makes typing impossible. 

What triggers this is the Terminal app, when prompted for a password when using SSH to a system.  As soon as the password prompt is presented, it is as if the "Fn" key is now held down.  Exiting terminal does not correct it, and the problem continues in other apps.  Using sudo and prompt for password does not seem to trigger this. 

Disconnecting the GotoMyPC session, then reconnecting immediately, fixes the issue until I try the same process again, where when using SSH  prompts for a password. 

I also noticed, once this happens, if I have the Mac on-screen keyboard up, pressing "CTRL" on my windows PC (where I'm controlling from), results in both the CTRL and FN showing as activated. Releasing the CTRL continues to show the FN key as being held down.

I should add, if I'm on the system directly, and not under remote control by GoToMyPC, the same input issue does not occur. It's as if the GoToMyPC remote viewer is making a mess of the keyboard mapping, rather than it being a problem on the Mac itself. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Toasty66  Can you confirm what version of GoToMyPC is installed upon the host Mac? 

Toasty66
Active Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.59.50 AM.png

Toasty66
Active Contributor

In addition, a regular sudo request for password can also trigger this. It's just not as absolute (every time). 

Toasty66
Active Contributor

If I use a Mac to remote control the Monterey machine, the same problem manifests itself, so it is not specific to it being a PC remote controlling the Mac.

I've also noticed that while the screen of the host gets blacked when controlled (security preference), anytime a window is set to full screen (click the green button on the window to expand), or returned from full screen, the window in question is monetarily visible i.e., as it expands to fill the screen, or contracts on exit. Once it finishes the animation, the window disappears.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Toasty66  This may be a new problem we haven't identified yet with Monterey OS.  Can you give us a call at your convenience so we can document the environment further? 

Toasty66
Active Contributor

Well, I'm not sure I need to call in as I think it's pretty easy to duplicate.

I've also verified that I can duplicate both problems on three different systems that have been upgraded to Monterey. 

Keyboard issue:  Confirmed further that it only impacts the client side remote-controlling the host.  If I turn off host screen blanking,  I can type directly on the host with no issues.  On the machine remote controlling the host, the keyboard input issue continues i.e., as if the FN key is being held down.  I've tired both PC and Mac as the remote-control initiator and can duplicate the issue. 

Screen Blank: Confirmed on three different machines that a window in the action of being set to full screen, or return from full screen, becomes visible on the host during the grow/shrink animation. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Toasty66   There is a new build that hasn't been rolled out to all corporate accounts yet, b3339.  If you are the administrator of your account and wish to upgrade all hosts to this before it's the default build, we can force the change early in Customer Support.