cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeTan
Visitor

Keep getting disconnected and then can't connect again without host computer being restarted

Been having the same issue since yesterday.  Will be working remotely and then disconnected and cannot connect (waiting for the host computer to connect) until someone restarts the host computer.  It shows the computer is online but can't reconnect.  I was just working for an hour and a half no issues then got disconnected.  Same thing happened yesterday.  

5 REPLIES 5
J.1
Contributor

Re: Keep getting disconnected and then can't connect again without host computer being restarted

I have two users here experiencing similar issues, although restarting the gtmpc service seems to be enough instead of having to restart the whole host system.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Keep getting disconnected and then can't connect again without host computer being restarted

Hi @J.1,

If your users have access to their host computers currently can you ask them to call our toll-free support so a representative can check the host with them and gather log files?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
J.1
Contributor

Thank you, but the situation appears to have resolved itself for my users at this point.  I do not know about @MikeTan .

arifali
GoTo Contributor

@MikeTan if you are still facing this issue. 

Please send us the diagnostic logs file that will help us find the root cause of this problem. 

Unfortunately most of these issues, we can reproduce in our internal quality testing, Hence to fix some of these we need help from users to share the log so that we can find the root cause and fix them. 

The support article below explains how to send the log files.  While sending the logs please send from both side from host computer and from client computer and do mention the problem you were facing.  

Thanks so much in advance for your help. 

https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/how-to-send-gotomypc-log-files-to-you-windows-host-comp...

arifali
GoTo Contributor

@MikeTan for you I  have enabled the "Connect in browser" (CIB) button.  Click on it and switch to full-screen-mode and you should be all set. 

This is a new version of GoToMyPC that works all in the browser and should ideally not have such issues. 
We are releasing this to all personal plan users very soon, gave you an early access of it.  

If you have any feedback for CIB please share it on 
gotomypcwebaccess-feedback@goto.com