cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony891
New Contributor

user has changed there access code and they are trying to connect to there computer but it doesn't ask for the access code, they keep getting an error saying 'GoToMyOC has encounted a problem and needs to end this session. Please tye to re-connect to "<there computer">

If I login as a different domain user on there computer then it will login so am presuming it is problem connected to that user, they did set it so the access code wasn't asked for originally, how do we change it so that it asks for the new access code.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Log in not asking for New Access Code

Hi @Tony891 welcome to the GoTo Community. Are you certain it's the access code causing the issue? The error message typical means GoToMyPC is not running properly on the host computer. You can try the following to correct:

1. Locate the GoToMyPC icon in the system tray
  2. Right click on the MYPC icon and select Quit
  3. Click Yes
  4. Click Start
  5. Click Run or click in the search box
  6. Type services.msc and press enter
  7. In the list of services locate the GoToMyPC service
  8. Right click on the GoToMyPC service
  9. Select Start or Restart

or

2.  Reinstall GoToMyPC software on Host machine

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Tony891
New Contributor

Hi @KateG

Thank you for your reply,

We have tried re-starting and re-installing GoToMyPC but we still have the problem. If i try to log in from another computer everything is fine, even logging in to the computer with the problem as a local user it works fine.

It looks like something is corrupted with his user and it is refusing to re-ask the access code.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

In case anyone wants to clear a saved access code:

Clear saved access code

1. Once connected to your host computer, click Tools in the top menu of the viewer.
  2. Click Ask Access Code Again.
  3. The next time you connect to that host computer, you will be prompted with the access code window.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Tony891
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not getting back sooner as I have had a week off.

I believe we tried this and it didn't work but can give it another go to make sure.

The problem seems to be specific to that one user on that computer, any other user on the laptop or any other computer can get in fine, is there a file that can be deleted from the user on the laptop that will force it to ask for the access code?

Thanks