cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbny
New Contributor

Screen Blanking Stopped Working Suddenly

I'm using GoToMyPC version 2022.100.3601 on a Windows 7 workstation for a couple of years, without issue.  Everything was fine last week.  When I logged in after the weekend I received an error message, "The screen on the remote computer is not blanked out.  This is because the Screen Blanking Driver is not running.  Please restart the remote computer to fix this issue and reconnect."

I'm working with my office helpdesk team, but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  I'm hoping to find some answers here.  It's highly unlikely there were any hardware modifications and I'm sure my helpdesk team would have mentioned it if there were.    It doesn't look like there were any recent software updates, either.  This seems to be random as far as I can tell.

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Screen Blanking Stopped Working Suddenly

Welcome @cbny thanks for stopping by our Community. Sorry about your troubles, have you checked out this article

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
cbny
New Contributor

Yes, I had seen that in the research I did prior to posting.  My question isn't "how to", though.  Screen blanking was working fine for about two years, until a few days ago.  Neither the hardware or the software has been updated on the computer so far as I know.  There's not explanation for why screen blanking would stop working.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@cbny thanks for verifying and sorry to hear you are still having the issue. For this instance, you or your team should contact customer support. An agent can review and assist you. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
cbny
New Contributor

I'm actually very disappointed in customer support. 

One of my Helpdesk techs did contact them, and they told him that it was a Windows problem, not the GoToMyPC software, and there was nothing they could do for us.  Mind you, this is on a set up that's been working without issue for at least two years, and there have been no changes to the hardware or the software. 

If nothing else, customer support should know the GoToMyPC software and the issue well enough to offer some direction on where to look for something users may not know to look for.