cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nl1nyc

Shift and other key commands not working in InDesign

We are experiencing keyboard command issues for users in InDesign CC2019 (InDesign only, keyboard shortcuts work in other programs and other Adobe products, like Illustrator). Users cannot use the following very common keyboard commands:

• shift + return = line break
  • shift + click/drag = proportionally resize items
  • alt + click/drag = copy object

Users with issues have the following running on their machines: High Sierra and Sierra.

I am running Catalina and do not have these issues, except for the shift + return. I am able to click and drag to resize proportionally or copy, but we have quite a few reports of this and it does hamper productivity quite a bit. Are there any solutions available?

One other odd thing: We have one user who was able to get shift + return to work, but only on new documents, not existing documents. 

I've seen posts about this on here, but they are a few years old. Starting a new thread in case this continues to be an issue for others.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Dell Laptop brightness keys disabled by Gotoymypc version 10.3 (2714)

We released an update recently (Host build #2848) that should address these issues.  If you continue to experience problems please let us know what operating system the host is running and the GoToMyPC version installed there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ChadKC
New Contributor

Shift, Backspace, Delete, and other Command Keys do not work from a Remote Desktop session

I am using the Windows GotoMyPC client to access remote PC.  On the remote PC (A), I run a Remote Desktop session to access a different internal Windows server (B).  Shift, backspace, delete, and other command keys are not recognized in the Remote Desktop session (B).  However, they work fine on the remote PC session (A).  Also, the onscreen keyboard seems to work fine from B, but that seems to make it take longer than it should.

Has anybody else encounterd and/or resolved this kind of nested session issue?

bvaughn

Re: Shift, Backspace, Delete, and other Command Keys do not work from in Remote Desktop session

I'm having this issue as well. I first encountered it a few days ago. Reinstalling the software on the host fixed it, but the issues came back yesterday. The host and client are Windows 10 most current build. I'm accessing Windows 2012 and 2016 via RDP.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Shift, Backspace, Delete, and other Command Keys do not work from in Remote Desktop session

Hey folks, would you mind confirming the GoToMyPC software version installed on the host having this issue? 

ChadKC
New Contributor

v10.2 (2652)

eric24
Active Contributor

Dell Laptop brightness keys disabled by Gotoymypc version 10.3 (2714)

Brand new Dell Latitude 7424 laptop with Windows 10 build 1909. 

Brightness keys (Function key + F11 or F12) work as intended to adjust screen brightness.

Problem details:

1. Install Gotoymypc version 10.3 (2714)
  2. Brightness keys stop working.
  3. Uninstall Gotomypc.
  4. Brightness keys work again.

Called Gotomypc support and they said it's not their problem, said to contact Dell at 800-624-9897. 

Called Dell and they said it's a Gotomypc problem.

Requested that Gotomypc send me  version 10.2 (2586) which does not have this problem (based on experience with our other 14 pcs running this version) and they refused insisting that Gotoymypc has nothing whatsoever to do with windows brightness. 

Other things i have tried after installing Gotoympyc:

updating the video card driver

disabling and re-enabling the video card driver

changing the bios settings to legacy

eric24
Active Contributor

My suspicion is that something in the January update relating to fixing Screen Blanking is the culprit here since this would seem to have an impact on anything relating to the screen. 

per the support website:

What's new in the desktop app (v10.2.0) – Jan. 08, 2020

• Fixed an issue with screen blanking
  • Bug fixes and minor changes

eric24
Active Contributor

Other notes: 

Brightness slider in windows 10  notification center becomes stuck at 100% after installing Gotoymypc, and becomes unstuck after uninstalling Gotomypc. So on a laptop, once Gotomypc is installed there is no way physically nor using the OS to adjust the brightness down from 100%. 

eric24
Active Contributor

Confirmed with GoToMyPC support (case 13453934) that builds 2652 and 2714 cause this problem and the resolution was to lock all our pcs onto build 2586 after which the brightness adjustment works again. Thank you to support rep Jazmine who was the only rep I have talked with who took the time to understand and resolve my problem! This also fixes the case where the Night Light is disabled after installing GoToMyPC documented in a separate thread. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for following up on this, Eric.  We'll investigate the cause and resolution further.