cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickinwc
Active Contributor

User getting client limit notification

I have a user who uses her GTMPC account to access her host machine from multiple other, client machines. She recently received a notice that she has reached the limit of client machines she can connect from. I cannot find any documentation anywhere on the GTMPC support site about a limit to the number of clients a person can use. 

First, can someone explain what the limit is, how it works, and how an admin can monitor that? I've looked through the admin console and see nothing about this limit or client connections.

Second, how do we fix this? The user needs to connect from a new machine and it's not letting her do it. Is there a way to reset this or remove old client machines from the user? 

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: User getting client limit notification

Hi @rickinwc,

The only limit to the number of client computers you can use is that you can only connect from one to a host computer at a time. Would it be possible to get a screenshot of what your user is seeing? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
rickinwc
Active Contributor

I've asked her to get a screenshot of it next time she tries to use it. I'll post it here when she does.

It's good to know that there is no limit to clients that have been used though. That seemed unlikely to me and impossible to control.

rickinwc
Active Contributor

Just thinking about this. Conceivably, this user could somehow still be logged in from another client and it's preventing her from logging in at another machine. Is there a way as an admin that I can log her out of the other session that may be interfering?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @rickinwc

An admin cannot end a users session. If the host computer is already in a session, they would see a message indicating this when connecting from another client computer.

Ideally, it would be helpful to see a screenshot of the message they are seeing so we can better understand what's happening. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training