cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StrumIT
Active Contributor

Users having issues connecting

I have about 20-30 users at my site all using GTMPC. It seems as of this week they all are having issues connecting. When the users does get connected they report no issues of degraded performance.

Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Users having issues connecting

Hi everyone,

This issue appears to have been server related, and from all reports is fully resolved now (with all software versions).  Please let us know if problems persist though, as we'll be monitoring closely. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RegerLaw
Active Contributor

I've had a couple of complaints today, one said for most of the week he's had to try several times to get logged in.  Another has been getting 'there may be an issue with your host computer' messages on and off (repeated attempts will finally connect).  I tend to assume home internet issues or something bogging down the host, but when it's a few people, it starts to sound systemic...

StrumIT
Active Contributor

Yeah! I’m in the same boat. I usually just write it off, but something is going on for the consistency of these issues. The same as your experiencing also. It’s on connection, fine when connected
crmm
Active Contributor

I logged in here to see if others were having the same issue. Anyone talked to support? I didn't have time to sit in queue
StrumIT
Active Contributor

So are your users having the same issue also? If so I’ll also contact support this evening to report the issue.
crmm
Active Contributor

Yes, one user we uninstalled and reinstalled on host.  Other users lose connectivity and say it can take up to 1/2 hour to reconnect and then have sluggish performance. 

We've run troubleshooting and connection wizard and no results.  They are on different ISPs too.

AdminLife
Active Contributor

Same issues. 100+ users and this entire week I get a handful of incidents every day where they can't connect. If they keep trying it eventually goes through, but some are retrying for 30 minutes, which is pretty bad. Sometimes I'll try to re-start the service by quitting from the notification tray and then re-opening from the start menu, but then the notification tray icon has the exclamation point and says the host is unauthorized. It'll eventually get to a ready status if I let it sit long enough or re-start the machine. Not sure if any of this has to do with the maintenance event that happened last weekend but this is getting very frustrating. I'm being told I may need to look for another solution, i.e. a different vendor.

StrumIT
Active Contributor

I’m having the same issue… and I fear I’m going to get the same push back from shareholders with about 65 total licenses in use.. I have a case started that I’m going to call in with tomorrow. I will update this thread with anything I find out from them.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@StrumIT  @AdminLife  @crmm  @RegerLaw   I apologize in the delay to identify this one.  

While we work towards the full resolution, besides downgrading the Host build, users can also try this workaround: 

1. Try using the reg key updater (attached) on any affected machines
  2. Restart the GoToMyPC service and reattempt connection
  3. If still having issues after steps, please reboot the host computer and try connecting again

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AdminLife
Active Contributor

@AshCThanks for the reply. I tried the registry edit but the issue persists. I checked a few PCs and the registry entries already match what's in the file, but I ran it anyway and re-started. There was one that had two PollServerIPs, the first one matched the file and the 2nd one was different. I didn't jot down the 2nd one but I'll take note next time if that's relevant to you. You mentioned downgrading the host build. Is there a build that is known to not have this issue? We currently have 11.8.3374.